ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

That radio isn't capable of monitoring trunked radio systems.

What you need is a scanner capable of monitoring P25 Phase II trunking radio systems. Specifically, something along the lines of a Uniden 436 would work.

I'm only assuming Phase II because you posted that question on this thread, and this system (ICIS) uses P25 Phase II trunking. Technically, there's an older system still alive in Montebello, but really you'd want to have the phase II radio.

The radio you have is an analog/conventional radio that's sort of used in the HAM world. You can still use it to monitor a few agencies here and there who are using analog/conventional in the available frequency range.

rhabshire

I'm only assuming Phase II because you posted that question on this thread, and this system (ICIS) uses P25 Phase II trunking. Technically, there's an older system still alive in Montebello, but really you'd want to have the phase II radio.

The radio you have is an analog/conventional radio that's sort of used in the HAM world. You can still use it to monitor a few agencies here and there who are using analog/conventional in the available frequency range.

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it seems like at least in my area everything is being encrypted now so I'm not sure spending a lot of $$ on a new radio would even allow me to listen.

drsn0w

Anyone know what talkgroups 2192 and 2191 are? Sounds like some sort of Burbank Public Works

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Recently I’ve began gathering information for South Bay’s INSB JPA System/Cell that will be going live later this year. From what I’ve been reading over the last couple of months, it will be a 6 site system, with the tentative locations being SBRCC, Palos Verdes, Gardena PD, Torrance City Hall, Manhattan Beach Water Tower, and El Segundo WT. “Once established, the INSB system will become a governance member of the ICI-Systems JPA and its system will be integrated with the ICI system.” On Culver City PD & FD ICI talkgroups, the dispatch console ID’s have changed and show 100018 and 100022 respectively, and also show sys 136/185BF (connected via ISSI?). During board meetings, the chiefs have established that the talkgroup/channel plans for the system are nearly complete, but “a lot of the fire talk groups will be encrypted minus those that have to be more regionalized for mutual aid.”

They’re currently giving a September 1st “go-live” date for fire agencies to switch.

Since I’m on the other side of the hill from the South Bay, i’m unable to receive any signals from there so if anyone finds any data related to frequencies currently in use for testing or related to sys 136, please feel free to share so we can start to map this new cell.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Recently I’ve began gathering information for South Bay’s INSB JPA System/Cell that will be going live later this year. From what I’ve been reading over the last couple of months, it will be a 6 site system, with the tentative locations being SBRCC, Palos Verdes, Gardena PD, Torrance City Hall, Manhattan Beach Water Tower, and El Segundo WT. “Once established, the INSB system will become a governance member of the ICI-Systems JPA and its system will be integrated with the ICI system.” On Culver City PD & FD ICI talkgroups, the dispatch console ID’s have changed and show 100018 and 100022 respectively, and also show sys 136/185BF (connected via ISSI?). During board meetings, the chiefs have established that the talkgroup/channel plans for the system are nearly complete, but “a lot of the fire talk groups will be encrypted minus those that have to be more regionalized for mutual aid.”

They’re currently giving a September 1st “go-live” date for fire agencies to switch.

Since I’m on the other side of the hill from the South Bay, i’m unable to receive any signals from there so if anyone finds any data related to frequencies currently in use for testing or related to sys 136, please feel free to share so we can start to map this new cell.

As we all know locally this is not good news to keep hearing. The sign of the times will continue.

allend

Premium Subscriber
This means we will lose Gardena - Hawthorne - El Segundo - Manhattan Beach - Redondo Beach - Hermosa Beach and of course Inglewood to this system or to LA-RICS.

When agencies move from conventional systems to P25 Digital Trunked Systems its means the end is near.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Last I heard, the frequencies planned to be allocated to the South Bay site are:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
West Covina Fire will transition away from its UHF analog to ICIS on June 15th.

TG 2731 & 2732.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
laflyer- do you have a possible update on West Covina’s transition? I’m too far to hear the SGV cell but just picked them up on analog grey 1..

Derek420- both are encrypted.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
laflyer- do you have a possible update on West Covina’s transition? I’m too far to hear the SGV cell but just picked them up on analog grey 1..

To my knowledge, they transitioned, but are too far outside my area to confirm.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Vernon now on ICI.

Police dispatch is TG 44106 on Smartzone and 2751 on P25.

Seem to affiliate with Montebello and Pasadena sites.

PaulNDaOC

This means we will lose Gardena - Hawthorne - El Segundo - Manhattan Beach - Redondo Beach - Hermosa Beach and of course Inglewood to this system or to LA-RICS.

When agencies move from conventional systems to P25 Digital Trunked Systems its means the end is near.

Hopefully that mention of keeping clear talkgroups that carry mutual aid traffic may include those that are used for auto aid responses.

Radioflow

I'm seeing a new TG not the in the DB: 30015

I just got back to my radio to see this new group, I'll keep my ear out to see what it is, unless anyone else knows.