ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
I'm seeing a new TG not the in the DB: 30015

I just got back to my radio to see this new group, I'll keep my ear out to see what it is, unless anyone else knows.

That is not an ICI Talkgroup. ICI TGs should only be 4 digits.

Radioflow

Sorry, that's the decimal.

Edit: Sorry to bother with my noobieness, TG=2701.

Last edited:

rbar70

Yay West Covina finally moved to ICI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Live in WC.
Had been listening to Police and Fire for a while.
Have family that works for El Monte PD. so listen to them too.

But now WC PD is quiet. and Fire is very slow.

Which brought me to this post.

What exactly happened.
I remember some years ago, money being set aside to buy equipment to go digital.
Is this what happened?

What can I do to hear them again?

XLC_Comm442

I Live in WC.
Had been listening to Police and Fire for a while.
Have family that works for El Monte PD. so listen to them too.

But now WC PD is quiet. and Fire is very slow.

Which brought me to this post.

What exactly happened.
I remember some years ago, money being set aside to buy equipment to go digital.
Is this what happened?

What can I do to hear them again?

PD and FD have both moved to the ICI trunked system. PD is encrypted so you wont be able to monitor them. You can listen to fire, provided you have a digital capable scanner. The talkgroup information is in the database.

rbar70

ugghhh.
I guess I have 2 paper weights now.
My newer one is digital.
Heck. What else can I listen to that is interesting.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Update on South Bay per INSB board meeting.

o All 6 INSB sites could be fully installed with all hardware by the end of December 2018.

o Frequency transition for City of Torrance – PD3 and PD5 will be given up to Motorola beginning November 19th and RCC giving up 2 frequencies for testing/system integration. These 4 channels will be used for the system testing/integration.

o New estimated time frame is system/acceptance testing taking place in January 2019, Fire go-live as early as Feb, PD following in March 2019.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Update on South Bay per INSB board meeting.

o All 6 INSB sites could be fully installed with all hardware by the end of December 2018.

o Frequency transition for City of Torrance – PD3 and PD5 will be given up to Motorola beginning November 19th and RCC giving up 2 frequencies for testing/system integration. These 4 channels will be used for the system testing/integration.

o New estimated time frame is system/acceptance testing taking place in January 2019, Fire go-live as early as Feb, PD following in March 2019.

Was there any talk about whats going to be in clear and what won't be monitorable anymore? Most likely I guess we can read between the lines right?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
I'd suspect law will be ENC with fire and public works in the clear. Seems to be the trend these days as cities transition to ICI.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Was monitoring Pasadena site on Unitrunker last night and encrypted TG 3150 came up with a 6 digit user ID. I wonder if this is something INSB related.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Sounds likely. Per previous documents I had seen the INSB reserved block was indeed in the 3xxx range.

xyz321

Culver City SZ Trunk 7E21 - back from the dead

Today I found a SmartZone control channel on 482.4625 MHz. It is using the old Culver City sys ID 7E21. It only had 1 voice channel all day and many Culver City unit ids were active on talkgroups 8336 & 8400. I did not listen to the TGs. In a previous life it was Radio Reference system 727 which shows as deprecated.

Regards!

XYZ