Icom 2200h questions pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trprc

Hi Guys,

I programmed some repeaters into my radio, all fine well and good, however I cant seem select and enter a memory freq.

So for example, I programmed three repeaters on three memories, 1, 2 and 3. If I am memory 3 and I then hit the memory select button, rotate the dial to the desired repeater say memory 1, I cant enter it. It seems as though I do a memory transfer when I hit the memory key too long to try getting it to enter memory 1.

How the heck do you accept or enter a memory freq after rotating the dial and selecting it?

The other problem I have is the radio goes blank for a fraction of a second when I am listening, the techie at Icom says its because priority scan is enabled, I followed the manual but cant seem to stop this from happening. Reading what they said, it seems like it is deactivated.

Your input will be much appreciated.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
All forums under Commercial and Professional Radio are meant for Land Mobile Radio equipment and its related technologies. It's important to post to the correct forum or your questions could go unanswered. For amateur radio equipment please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum. I've moved your thread there.

KD8DVR

Hi Guys,

I programmed some repeaters into my radio, all fine well and good, however I cant seem select and enter a memory freq.

So for example, I programmed three repeaters on three memories, 1, 2 and 3. If I am memory 3 and I then hit the memory select button, rotate the dial to the desired repeater say memory 1, I cant enter it. It seems as though I do a memory transfer when I hit the memory key too long to try getting it to enter memory 1.

How the heck do you accept or enter a memory freq after rotating the dial and selecting it?

The other problem I have is the radio goes blank for a fraction of a second when I am listening, the techie at Icom says its because priority scan is enabled, I followed the manual but cant seem to stop this from happening. Reading what they said, it seems like it is deactivated.

Your input will be much appreciated.

Just "bump" the ptt button... that'll select the desired memory.

Also, it is possible youe weather alert mode is on... the receiver checks every few seconds to see if the weather alert tone is detected. You can disable that function, and the problem will go away

N8IAA

Did you buy the radio new or used? If new, take it back to where you purchased it. Tell them the problem, and ask for a new radio. If used, you may want to send it to Icom repair. It sounds like it may be a microprocessor problem.
HTH,
Larry

Trprc

Just "bump" the ptt button... that'll select the desired memory.

Also, it is possible youe weather alert mode is on... the receiver checks every few seconds to see if the weather alert tone is detected. You can disable that function, and the problem will go away

Hello KD8DVR,

Yes the weather alert was on, I discovered that and turned it off and that's all good now. I also found out how to select the pre programmed channels on the front panel, so all my hiccups are sorted out.

Thanks.

Trprc

Did you buy the radio new or used? If new, take it back to where you purchased it. Tell them the problem, and ask for a new radio. If used, you may want to send it to Icom repair. It sounds like it may be a microprocessor problem.
HTH,
Larry

Hi Larry,

I bougth the radio used, but it is in brand new condition. The previous owner had purchased it new in summer of 2010, never got his HAM Radio license, used it about five times to listen, never even hooked up the mic.

I sorted out the issues I was having, they were all programming related. Thanks for the time to reply and your input.

Trprc

All forums under Commercial and Professional Radio are meant for Land Mobile Radio equipment and its related technologies. It's important to post to the correct forum or your questions could go unanswered. For amateur radio equipment please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum. I've moved your thread there.

Thanks and understood.

KD8DVR

Hello KD8DVR,

Yes the weather alert was on, I discovered that and turned it off and that's all good now. I also found out how to select the pre programmed channels on the front panel, so all my hiccups are sorted out.

Thanks.

Good deal... enjoy your radio :)

Status
Not open for further replies.