• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

icom 2821 d

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
im new to icom im trying to set up scan mode can someone please guide me the instructions are tricky , and im lost thanks rich.

rapidcharger

What are you trying to do and what problems are you having?
Also keep in mind with that series, when they're scanning, they just say "scan" on the display. The display doesn't show the channels rapidly changing.
Also you might get more help if this is moved to the the ICOM LMR room.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
im trying to set up scan and i cannot figure it out in programming i got the scan button added but all i see is a small smiley face under personality , but its not picking up traffic.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
and it just say scan on or off does not stay on screen just needed a little guidance.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
im new to icom im trying to set up scan mode can someone please guide me the instructions are tricky , and im lost thanks rich.

I have an ICF2721D (same radio without keypad and including front panel speaker). When you say it "goes on and off" are you trying to scan with the microphone off-hook? Unless you program for off-hook scan, it won't scan with the mic off-hook. also, have you programmed the frequencies you want to scan into a scanlist? I don't have my programming computer on right now, but if you'll answer these questions, plus list all the symptoms of your problem, I'll open it up later and try to bore in and give more specific steps to get you going.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
i meant scan goes on and off with button but no channels will pick up but are in scan list im lost.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
What type of frequencies are programmed in? Commercial/public safety or ham? If the latter, have you stopped scan, put the radio on one frequency and keyed up a transmitter nearby (handheld works nicely if you don't have a service monitor) to see if the radio hears it? If it hears a weak signal, then that steers you to scan programming instead of frequency programming. If not, are there subaudible tones set for receive (CTCSS, DCS, etc)?

What software are you using? Give me the Rev. level. I hope you are using the older level and not 3.0 s/w. 3.0 s/w will not allow wideband so ham programming is out of the question unless you went to an Icom dealer and got the "exception" document that allows wideband.

Have you tried programming a ZONE, and then putting all 7 weather channels in it and enabling SCAN? It should stop on the first one it can hear. If you have more than one that the radio can hear, you can cycle thru them.

Provide a little more info and it will help narrow this problem down.

Bob

WRJL600

Premium Subscriber
What type of frequencies are programmed in? Commercial/public safety or ham? If the latter, have you stopped scan, put the radio on one frequency and keyed up a transmitter nearby (handheld works nicely if you don't have a service monitor) to see if the radio hears it? If it hears a weak signal, then that steers you to scan programming instead of frequency programming. If not, are there subaudible tones set for receive (CTCSS, DCS, etc)?

What software are you using? Give me the Rev. level. I hope you are using the older level and not 3.0 s/w. 3.0 s/w will not allow wideband so ham programming is out of the question unless you went to an Icom dealer and got the "exception" document that allows wideband.

Have you tried programming a ZONE, and then putting all 7 weather channels in it and enabling SCAN? It should stop on the first one it can hear. If you have more than one that the radio can hear, you can cycle thru them.

Provide a little more info and it will help narrow this problem down.

Bob
I am having the same issue. Programmed with CS-70/1700 Revision 2.2 450.000 frequency range.
Cant figure out how to scan.
Button 0 = scan A
button 1 = scan b
button 2 = add/delete scan
button 3 = pr ch 1
button 4 = zone

Scan a long press then choose scan list then 0 again - nothing happens i have something programmed wrong in programming or dont know how to work it or the most likely problem is both.

Status
Not open for further replies.