• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

icom 2821d scan mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
can someone help me new to icom having a problem setting up scan function on radio i need to scan 12 channels but i dont know how to set it up i believe i got scan right but im a little lost any input will help.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Option 1: Hang up the mic in a grounded hanger.
Option 2: Get a HM148G, which has a two-part hanger that provides both ground and off-hook sensing to the back of the mic and allows you to mount an ungrounded hanger on plastic.
Option 3: Open the mic and ground pin 8. Re-assembly is a three handed dexterity challenge. Caution: do not confuse pin 8 with pin 1 as #1 has positive voltage and shorting it will release magic factory smoke. DO NOT jump Pin 8 to ground on the front face RJ-45 as you will no longer be able to clone the radio.
Option 4: (My choice) Pop the front face off and put a drop of solder on CP-1. It is easy to locate on the top edge of the board. That will tell the CPU that the mic is always on-hook.

Confirming, there is no F1700-series programming option to set off-hook scan. The radio has been around for 15 years, and the same firmware also does the F70 portables where off-hook is not an issue. Io fix this issue Icom provides option 4, above.

bbo14

Premium Subscriber
If your programming is correct, make sure the mic hangup button is grounded, or do the mod to the mic or faceplate.
I wonder if he might have PL tones programmed in and the frequencies he is trying to scan are not PL transmitting a PL or have different codes than what he programmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.