• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM 5-Tone paging conversions

Rebellt

Feed Provider
I am trying to program a 5 tone paging system on a unications pager. The ICOM radio 5-tone page alert is 77777 apparently in the Icom programing software. Is there a way to convert that or know what MHZ that would be to put into the pager since it does not go by single digit numbers.

N5XPM

I am trying to program a 5 tone paging system on a unications pager. The ICOM radio 5-tone page alert is 77777 apparently in the Icom programing software. Is there a way to convert that or know what MHZ that would be to put into the pager since it does not go by single digit numbers.
It would help to know which Icom model and which Unication model. Many US Icom models will encode 2 tone and the Unication US G series voice pagers will decode 2 tone paging, but I don’t think the Unication G series decodes 5 tone signalling.

kf8yk

Unications can do 5 tone, I think your trying to enter the cap code in the wrong spot.

There's several variations of 5 tone signalling, the various standard formats are identified with names like CCIR, ZVEI, EIA or EEA and there's some non-standard versions in use as well. You have to know which 5 tone format the Icom is using to program the Unication.

The 5 tone format in Unication PPS is set up in the Protocol Parameter Setting tab, either pick one of the standard formats in the 'Tone Table' pull down or the 'User Define' if you need to customize the tone table.

5Tone Protocol.jpg

The 5 tone cap code, 77777 in your case, is entered in the Group ID Setting tab. The actual tone frequencies are pulled from the tone table set earlier:

5Tone Group.jpg

Rebellt

Feed Provider
Awesome I will try that holy cow your amazing lol I have been trying for 2 years to figure it out and nobody has know anything about it since apparently no one 5 tones. yea it does the tone then makes delurp noise then repeats.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You cannot put two of the same tone in sequence. In your example of 77777, digit two and digit four would need to be the repeat tone.