ICOM D-Star U82 & V82

Status
Not open for further replies.

koikeeper

The software for these 2 radios CANNOT be purchased as they are FREE from ICOM. They use the SAME software for both the U82 & V82, There is a box at the top of the screen marked radio. You click on this and then the 2 models show up and then all you do is to click on what model you are programming. It is interesting that the MODERATOR decided to give a warning to a member looking for the software and then closing the question all together. without going to the ICOM site and looking at the FREE DOWNLOAD area,. If the MODERATOR does NOT know what a U82 is than perhaps he should go to the ICOM AMATEUR SITE and look and not to the COMMERCIAL site. There is NO SOFTWARE to purchase moderator. Call HRO anywhere and ask them before taking it out on a member in a forum and then banning them.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The software for these 2 radios CANNOT be purchased as they are FREE from ICOM. They use the SAME software for both the U82 & V82, There is a box at the top of the screen marked radio. You click on this and then the 2 models show up and then all you do is to click on what model you are programming. It is interesting that the MODERATOR decided to give a warning to a member looking for the software and then closing the question all together. without going to the ICOM site and looking at the FREE DOWNLOAD area,. If the MODERATOR does NOT know what a U82 is than perhaps he should go to the ICOM AMATEUR SITE and look and not to the COMMERCIAL site. There is NO SOFTWARE to purchase moderator. Call HRO anywhere and ask them before taking it out on a member in a forum and then banning them.
What is interesting is that you chose to assume the use of D-STAR for these radios. Although they are indeed D-STAR capable, only with addition of a optional board does this happen and the OP of the other thread does not mention this desire.

Next, it is interesting that I posted a link to a commercial dealer that indeed does sell the software for $32.95 and yet you post no such link. You suggested HRO should be checked, please see below:
1) Manufacturer: ICOM
Item : IC-CS-V82
Description : SOFTWARE V82/U82 PROGRAMMING
YOUR HRO PRICE $35.95
At least I posted a link to a less expensive alternative. I will repeat what I said in the other thread. We don't allow the trading of illegal copies of software on this site.

I think you will have to admit that you don't know what you are talking about; attacking a moderator on your very first post in the forums was not very smart and earns you an warning. Next time, don't assume you know what you are talking about, check the facts; also check your attitude before you hit the <Submit> button.

Status
Not open for further replies.