• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F21 programming success for GMRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9AME

This could be posted in a few spots(GMRS section, etc...), but I thought ICOM LMR the best place since that's what the radio originally is. Feel free to move if appropriate...
It has been a long road. Obtained new license(again), I wish FCC made it cheaper to obtain previous call sign. I have used the search feature over and over, read what seems like a thousand posts, bought the correct legal part 90/95 radios, found the software(CS-F11), worked through the legacy issues with newer computer and now finally it appears that I am cloning to and from my radios after a real hassle dealing with a RS-232 port issue. The software has an awesome HELP tab that really, really gives great information on the whole CS-F11 program, I found that out reading past posts. There is much to learn yet.
As of now, for now particular reason, I have channel 1 programmed at 462.575 just using that lower band on Simplex. I can confirm the frequency and Simplex operation through the program, but still nervous about a possible mistake due to my novice stage and transmitting on incorrect part of spectrum. Probably just paranoia as I have confirmed TX freq with my Icom R20. There will be a lot of experimenting with tones, etc...
Use the search feature. It is all there. Someone at sometime has had the same problem and probably has asked your question before and it also feels good doing as much as possible to stay within legal guidelines. Maybe it's my newness, but it makes it feel more legit.
December 12 I am taking and will pass the Technician and hopefully General tests to further my interest in this field. A big Thanks to everyone that answers questions on RR.
If anything I've said is incorrect please correct. joel

Status
Not open for further replies.