• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F5062D Repeater Connection Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradlington

I would like to make a mixed mode repeater using the chassis boards only - run analogue (CTCSS enc/dec) along side with IDAS as mixed mode operation on a single channel .
I would like to use the board only without the head.
If I switch radio on and then remove the ribbon going to head ,the radio remains in operation until power is reset .

Ideally use the given dB25 for inter connection .

Anyone done this before where the chassis are used in stand alone , one for RX and one for TX - each has the UT-126 IDAS board .

Thanks in advance
Bradley

bradlington

Some feedback on the project - so far analogue channel and idas channels are both working as a back to back repeater .At this time I do not see how the repeater could do mixed mode due to no control from repeater mobile RX to the repeater TX .At least it is working in dedicated modes.
I only bridged Link N in the TX for audio routing .
Ground pin 7
Rx pin 1- via diode to TX pin 19
Rx pin 10 -via pad resistors to TX pin 8

Although individual idas ID's will not pass the TX ID shows up on mobile during idas channel and tail .

bradlington

Updated-I have found a way to field frogram this radio and works very well .
Only Zone1 is able to be changed, but any frequ/ ctcss user data etc as well as idas user can be changed from front keypad .

Status
Not open for further replies.