• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F50v Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfixer

have slight problem all appearts to work on radio it transmits appears to recieve by light indicator, but you cannot hear the recieveing transmission. What would I be missing, any help appreciated. thanks. Also note the inhibit is not turned on on the channels programmed in the radio. this problem is on all channels. also looking for guidiance on how to setup the paging part have put the codes in couldn't find area for the cap code. Help please.

rescuecomm

The light on top can come on if the squelch setting is not high enough. The radio is receiving noise, but no PL/DPL is detected so there is no audio. There is a general settings page where this squelch number is set.

Bob

starfixer

thanks

will try what you both have suggessted, but I did check the squelch and it is not the issue, but I do have both channells set to recieve our paging tones also, should that be moved to a seperate channel of their own? They are suppossed to be working as our pagers also but are not.

starfixer

checked my settings attached is the icf if you can look at it and tell me what else might be causing it. would be very appreciated. changed to txt extensesion to post

Attachments

• Copy of test1.txt
    78.7 KB · Views: 486

rescuecomm

If you have two-tone selected on the same channels, you won't hear anything until the tones are set off. The page tones for receive should be on their own channels. It would be used for when you don't want to hear normal comms.

Bob

phbrush

F50V Portable paging problems

Take a good look at the tone programming. There is a place to enter a "no-tone" delay between first and second tones. I am having problems getting the F50V to decode reliably if the delay between tones (Motorola uses 250 msec) is greater than 100 msec or so. I would like to hear from anyone who has had similar problems getting the F50V to decode in Fire Service.

24-medic7

Premium Subscriber
IC-F50V Paging Problems for extended time between A and B tone

In your programing software for your IC-F50V's you will look under the (2 tone) opsitons. Select the tab that says (RX code settings), this is where you are going to set the gap times for your tones. It may take some programing and furnessing to get them to be exact. Where it says (No TONE, {SEC}) This is where you are going to set that gap time between your A and B tones. So in there since you are running 250mes.. Then you are going to want to enter (a time between 2.40-2.50) Since you are running the 250mes i would go ahead and set to 2.50 and see where that gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.