• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F5201 - MDC1200 and scan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjz55

I have two last problems.

Making the MDC1200 work on separate channels and how to make user selective scan so than the user can select which channels he wants to scan from any zone.

stevelton

It is a lot easier to set up your scna lists on the software. But you can also set one of the P buttons to "Scan Add/Delete (Tag)", and add delete channels from the scan list on the fly. To switch the scan lists, you press and hold the "Scan Start/Stop" button for 2 seconds. That should show you the name of the scan list you are currently using. The use the Up/Down buttons to scroll through the available scan lists, then momentarily press the scan start stop button again. now, when you press the scan start stop, you will scan the scan list you just selected, and you can add delete channels to/from that list

With the MDC, it is 2 parts. You have to turn "ON' MDC from the MDC folder, then in the channel folder, which ever channel you want to have MDC on, in the MDC column set that channel to "System 1", or which ever MDC system you set up in the MDC folder.

Steven

mjz55

Steven, Thanks. But I still have a problem with indv. scan. I made a P button for scan add/delete. In the programming software I have all my frequencies listed as scan list one with inc selected. I press the P button and I get the lists of scan channels. I select scan 1, i then hit the P button quickly and I get scan on however there are no frequencies for me to add or delete. If I use the up/down arrows it goes back to have me select which scan channels.

I got the MDC working. Thanks for that help also!!

Also, Do you happen to know the RF Power on Low 1 and Low 2?

Last edited:

stevelton

Someone else may have a more accurate answer, because I have never put the F5021 on a watt meter, but I think Low 1 is 10w, and low 2 is 25w.

The way the Tag button works is:
use the Up/Down buttons to select the channel you want to add to the scan list you are currently set to.
Press the Tag button, now you should see the name of the scan list. Press the tag button again, you should see it flash Scan On, and see the "z" looking line in the top right corner. Now press and hold the tag button to save and return back to show the channel you were on to begin with. The "z' should still be in the corner. To tag this same channel to a different scan list, press and hold the scan start button, change to the next scan list, press and hold, then do the previous steps to add the channel to that scan list. There is another way, but that it the way easiest for me.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.