• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom FR5000 msg Clone NG

VU2POP

Hello Sir
I am VU2POP 'Pop" a ham and I am the Secy of the Repeater Society Bangalore, we have setup 3 repeaters for our city & dx use , active since 1987.
Being a homebrewer & ham technical since 1975, I am tasked with maintenance of the repeaters.
We were using Yaesu VXR 5000 tll 2019,
we replaced 2 rptrs with Icom 2 FR5000 and it was working fine, 2 weeks ago i bought back one Icom Rptr as the audio was not getting injected to tx side no heard on the internal spk, though we see the green BUSY LED and Tx Red showing out an we could hear only blank carrier.
So I decided to check if the program was OK.
I read the repeater & it showed all parameters OK.
Then I reprogrammed the repeater and I saw the CLONE NG , understand its clone No Good.

So what could the fault be , please guide me to resolve, as we need to get the rptr back on air.

I am using the original OPC-1122U Icom programming cable purchased from Icom USA and the software & drivers installed as per the CD provided.
Is there any revised programming software (CS5000), plaese share links or zip file

Thank you
Best regards
Pop
VU2POP

Stoneworld

I too have several radios that say Clone NG. They have programmed several times in the past then I go to make some changes and get this error. If you find out please post it. I have been searching for months for a solution.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Normally pushing a valid code plug back in the radio will fix the CLONE NG error. If it looses connection during the programming it will throw that error code.

VU2POP

I too have several radios that say Clone NG. They have programmed several times in the past then I go to make some changes and get this error. If you find out please post it. I have been searching for months for a solution.
Hi
the reseller had given the earlier 1.2 version of programming software, worked ok in the beginning but later faced issues.
Hence I purchased a later 1.9 Version from an authorised Icom seller and it worked fine , now I dont get that Clone NG msg and I can program both FR-5000 easily.
Best 73
Pop
VU2POP