• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom fr5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

va7rc

has anyone tried to use an Rlc1 controller on this repeater?
the problem I am having is pin 17 on the db25 on the repeater is called busy and is active low (default)
when I try and use this output to control cor it is pulsing, causing the repeater to keep dropping then coming back up. (heard just as a tic on the repeater output freq) also if you have a courtesy beep programmed in the controller it is going off continously. some of the pins of the db25 on the repeater are programmable with the software but no option for selecting "COR" , was thinking of looking for a proper cor in repeater and bringing it out using one of the unused pins on the db25?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Warren

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
saw this on another site for hooking to a CAT controller.

pinout on the Icom DB-25 connector is as follows: Pin #1 -- COR, Pin #10 -- TX audio, Pin #12 -- RX Audio, Pin #19 -- PTT, Pin 24 -- Ground

Did you verify pin 1 cannot be set for COR. It may be called something else.

va7rc

db25 pinout

according to the manual pin 1 and pin13 of the db25 show nc and neither are programmable i soldered a wire on to connection board for pin 13 and went looking for the rx led which i found and it switches just fine, bad news is that to access it q66 and r454 are on bottom side of main board which would mean talking it out to be able to solder to it. There is a test pad on the top of the board but just not enough area to actually get anything soldered to it.

kf7qlh

Hey guys, I just bought a IC-FR5000 and was wondering about the COR as well as the rest of the pinout. The manual doesn't give much. Were you able to wire the RLC-1 to the FR5000? This is exactly the same setup I am going to attempt. The repeater should be here in a couple of days, and am looking forward to working on it. Any info would be appreciated!
de AF7JB - Formerly KF7QLH before the Extra Class Upgrade

va7rc

unresolved

still working on a acceptable outcome to getting an cor circuit from the icom repeater. Never had this much issue estabilishing a cor with any other repeater. I ended up removing the main board of the repeater and connecting too q66 r454 junction (rx led circuit) and this switches hi to 3.3v when active, so tried using a 2n7000 to switch this circuit and also tried a mpsa13 darlington to switch this signal for the cor, with no luck
so far. Noticed that the rlc1 has around 4vdc pull up and even with the above circuits loads up the rx led circuit and the rx led wont remain lit. after reading the rlc-1 manual it is looking to be pulled higher than 4v for active high and greater than 4vdc to ground for active low, with a warning that anything below 0 volts with damage the processor. so maybe thats my problem. anyway still a work in progress, thought about using a 3vdc relay but thats not my first choice, given a choice I would steer away from this repeater just because of its interfacing
difficulties.

AF7JB

Factory?

Have you contacted ICOM's tech support or someone that may know more about setting the radio up for another controller?

I have been doing lots of research on it, and it seems that people are able to program one of the unused pins for COR, Tx & Rx audio, PTT and ground. I have not yet received the radio but I am scared that I will be running into the same issue with the fr5000 and the RLC-1.

I found one other guy that got this setup to work a couple of years back, and now he's going to look through his notes, and see if he can remember how he did it.

-AF7JB Glen

va7rc

update

after a few more hours of beating my head against the wal, I think I know why its not working just don't know how to work around it. the repeater is programmed in the simplex mode so as too disable the onboard repeater controller and let the external controller take over that operation. Problem is when the TX becomes active the "BUSY" (pin 17) signal and also the 3.3v (rx led switching signal) disappear which is what causes the cor to be constantly changing state as the tx cycles on and off! What I need to find is a constant rx signal where l can switch cor,that is unaffected by the TX being active. I have interfaced tkr-750"s and tkr-850 repeaters with absolutely no issues, there has too be a spot on the icom where this can be accomplished but I haven't found it yet??

va7rc

well if you find something out that may help I would be glad to hear it I am running out of ideas?
the discriminator audio, ptt etc are all on the db25 and they are not an issue only issue is COR

thanks Warren

va7rc

yes I am in working with and Icom dealer here in Canada, and he has been in touch with an Icom tech who
admits that he has heard about this issue, but so far is not offering a fix.

va7rc

Success

I have uncovered the mystery while programming the radio "mode" in the memory programing

you have 3 choices: REPEAT FULL DUPLEX SIMPLEX

you need to program as full duplex not as simplex as I had done. then use pin 17 on the db25 as your cor
it is default active low goes from 5v to 0 vdc which is satisfactory for the rlc-1 just have your switch or jumper set to select active low Cor

Warren va7rc

Status
Not open for further replies.