Icom: iCOM ic-2340 (No H UK 10 watt model)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC3SNR

KC3SNR
I have acquired a UK model ic-2340.
It's a very clean radio and has been completely recapped with a bench tuning. Thing works like when it was new.
Actually the gentleman who did the work said with out any audio or frequency deviation he was able to squeeze a few more watts on both bands.
When we did the dirty deal he let me try it and also was programmed for Northern PA. So far so good right?
Me being the OCD/ADD poster child that I am.. Lets just say don't leave me alone with anything having shiny knobs, blinking LED's or buttons that scream `push me` when I look at them. It's like a 2 year old with a fisher price Busy Box in the back seat of your car. *shame cause its true*
I downloaded the proper manual from the usual places and found the the kill switch for the memory setting.
there is two. One you just reset memory. Two you reset the CMOS back to factory and start over.
I picked the wrong one and reset to factory. Damn my fingers. - Crux of the biscuit is that HE had programmed the radio. The radio did not come with the HM77t mic that was originally boxed from icom. (Using 2 mics both OEM icom mics HM55t and the HM55 ntm a HM133 I dug up) All wrong for the radio.
Now no matter what I do (It never crossed my mind) - 144-146 and the 430 side is also clipped.
I know for a fact the repeater we were on was 146.940 And it was programmed as a fav in the radio.
Since I fumblefarted the radio the frequencys are clipped (As they should be)
Is and will CHIRP be any kind of an option to reprogram the radio the way He had it ?
If I could find the right mike I think i'd be ok but in the mean time that needle is still in the haystack.
Has A N Y O N E ever programmed this radio with any kind of an interface cable?
I glanced at RT but I just glanced over the icom radios listed and I thik the only one they do from that series is the ic-2300.
Ment to contact them and maybe I will after this post.
I have 2 other radios and it's not as if this is holding me back but this was supposed to go in the war wagon.
I've been in radio for years but I'm a new license holder. This radio was supposed to be the mobile EMCOMM radio.

On any note it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Get frustrating swapping the HT in and out of the car.. one more thing to carry. Much rather set it and forget it.
KC3SNR
Jim

Attachments

• s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.