Icom: Icom IC-32AT programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
I've got a IC-32AT I want to program. I have the owners manual but it's not very clearly written, the instructions are rather confusing to me. I've tried to follow them but just end up frustrated. Does anyone know of any other instructions, maybe written by a user that might be easier to follow? I assume there isn't any programming software compatible with it?
Thanks.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
IC-32AT

A few newer ham radios have simplified users guides, but that is not likely to be one you will find due to the age of the radio. Try to get familiar with the keypad and then write out a list of the basic steps and follow them instead of trying to read the manual. Enter a simplex frequency first, then a repeater pair without PL. When that gets easier, add PL.

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
IC-32AT programming

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. I got the radio from my brother and it was already programmed for the local repeaters, but I've moved. He's been a ham longer than I have and had problems programming it. The friend who helped him witj it said it's a great radio, but one of the most difficult ones he's ever programmed. I really liked using it before and hope to use it again, it's defiantly built like a tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.