Icom: Icom IC-7100/ RT Systems cable help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
I have the RT Systems WCS-7100-USB software and cable.... What port on the IC-7100 do I plug the 3.5mm stereo plug into to program the radio?, I have looked in the manual and it doesn't say and not really clear and no instructions came with the RT kit? Thanks in advance.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I had a 7100, but its been awhile since I sold it. I poked around in the 7100 manual and looked at the RTS help file.

I admit it is confusing as to which 3.5mm jacket to use. RTS uses the "clone" mode of reading or writing to the radio so I would start with the "REMOTE" jack.

Typically RTS step you thru a read or write once you select that function from the software. One thing I did catch is RTS wants to read the radio 1st to capture it configuration before you write the first time.

I seem to recall I skipped the cable issue because the radio has a microSD card I used in an adaptor so I could plug into a USB port on the computer and used that instead of the cable.

RTS does have an FAQ online at their website that might have the information you need and telephone help for new users.

Good Luck!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.