Icom IC-718 or Yaesu FT-450

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8NIV

Update, I did buy a Yaesu FT 450d back in February, and I listened on 10m for awhile before I jumped in and got me feet wet, first person I worked he was out west, forgot his call sign, but we talked for 35 minutes or so.....Im not home or I could pull up my log book and see, be he was a lot of help and I enjoyed the QSO with him.....

That was all it took, since then I have worked dx up and down the west coast like talking local here, lol..
The other night I did get to work a guy out in Honolulu, Hawaii on 10m band, that tickeled me because I was running the radio set at 30 watts, and working off a Imax 2k, which is 21ft off the ground here at the shack..

But anyways, this past week since dx has been quite pretty much on 10m, I went to the 40 and 80m bands and have been listening to the guys rag chewing, and found a group of guys in the mid west states who chats there on a daily bases I have been listening too....this was on 7.200 or close by.....

Have been studying for my general test also as I have the free time, which is hard to do right now will be better after school is out....so if any you guys are on 10m and conditions are in my favor, hope to work some of you, John KD8NIV

Status
Not open for further replies.