Icom IC R-7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

foo9777

Hi people, I am in need of a button for the power switch on a R-7000 receiver or from any Icom radio that would fit. I don't want to buy another radio just for the button, unless I could get for a few bucks.
Thanks; Jim

SCPD

QRT
Hi people, I am in need of a button for the power switch on a R-7000 receiver or from any Icom radio that would fit. I don't want to buy another radio just for the button, unless I could get for a few bucks.
Thanks; Jim

Love that radio .. and regret selling mine. But I don't think that your chances are very good at finding what you need.

Ebay ... is probably your best answer. There is always a guy from Israel selling parts. But honestly from what I have seen ... you will be looking for a hefty price for that part if you can find it at all.

foo9777

Thanks for the reply........You are right like looking for a needle in a hay stack....the switch works just no button on it. I just got it and plan to keep it for a while. I think I have to replace the memory battery, just need to find the procedure.

dkf435

Have not dug into the R7000 that I got 3 years ago at SEAPAC, it had every scan, memory and speed mod out there plus the IR remote. But I do not think that the 7000 memory is volatile like the R71A is that it looses firmware programming when the battery goes dead.

Every once in a while there are auctions for buttons from other Icom radios on Ebay, years ago when scrapping other electronics I used to keep the buttons, pots, jacks and switches for spare parts they are bound to be used on more then one device.

David Kb7uns

ridgescan

Fab one from plastic:) I am looking at the power switch on my r71a and I think there could be something you can dig up and work it to be a fit. Nothing to lose. Look around for a similar shaped item-even rubber would work.

foo9777

Have not dug into the R7000 that I got 3 years ago at SEAPAC, it had every scan, memory and speed mod out there plus the IR remote. But I do not think that the 7000 memory is volatile like the R71A is that it looses firmware programming when the battery goes dead.

Every once in a while there are auctions for buttons from other Icom radios on Ebay, years ago when scrapping other electronics I used to keep the buttons, pots, jacks and switches for spare parts they are bound to be used on more then one device.

David Kb7uns
I will keep an eye out on ebay...........I need to do more research on the battery change.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.