ICOM IC-R7000 - Problem with PRIO and SCAN MODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonflooder

Hello Everybody,
my name is David and this is my first post in this Forum.
I hope in your help and support because I've a problem that drive me crazy.

I have an ICOM IC-R7000, when turned on, I change the frequencies turning the big knob and I listen to the broadcasts normally. After some minutes of research with the knob or exceeded a certain frequency it change automatically frequency to 69.667 and a "P" in the right part of the display is showed and repeatedly at undefined intervals the WORD [SCAN] appears on the display and disappears too untill the P come back.

I've pressed the PRIO button to stop it but it continue to appear and I can't search free with the knob. Is there the possibility to reset it? or Do you know what I need to do to remove this settings?

All helps are appreciates and I'LL BE GLAD OF YOU!!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

David

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
Hi David and welcome to the forum on RR - I'm sure we can give you some help with your problems...

1. Turn the scan mode switch top left to "off".
2. Push the "Prio" button so that the screen no longer says "Scan".
3. De-select all the stored memories by pressing the memory clear "CL" button. As you now rotate the memory channel knob, none of the memory numbers on the display should show a decimal point between them.

Hopefully normal operation should be restored.

I take it you don't have the operations manual - fortunately mine came with the manual. You should be able to download one from here....

Press the green 'download' button unless you like downloading the individual pages!

Cheers - Martin

majoco

Stirrer
In an idle moment yesterday I read through the procedure to set a priority frequency and use it while either scanning through a selection of memory locations or by manual tuning - it is almost unworkable. I set a priority frequency that was not a memory frequency and found that if you want to use the manual tuning (on the 'big knob' - your words!) with priority selected, as soon as you turn the knob it drops out of priority. If you stop twiddling and press priority again it engages again - fine but the time it stops on the priority frequency is excessive. Also you can't scan a selection of memories with priority engaged because, again, it drops out of priority mode as soon as you press the sel-m button and vice-versa. Hopeless. In the end, all you can receive when using priority is one frequency that you have selected either manually or from the memory bank. The best way to have a priority frequency is to put it in as a memory location but then that defeats the object. I guess lack of computing power is the problem.

anonflooder

Hi Majoco,
thanks for your time and for your reply.. you are so kind! in your last post you describe the rght situation. I've followed all the steps but the bug remain. Also I've cleare all the memory bank using CLEAR under WRITE. I've switch to an empty memory bank and after some seconds the SCAN and PRIO restart, if I turn the squeelch and the Gain it go crazy... I don't understand why.. I've read all the tutorials and manual but they don't explain how to solve it or how to RESET the memory by the Lythium Internal Battery

majoco

Stirrer
Hi David - I'm beginning to suspect that the memory battery has expired. You can give it a trial by putting a frequency into memory then turning the radio off for a while, then go back and see if the memory entry is still there. Changing the battery is not hard - it's just soldered to a couple of pins on the logic board - see page 32 in the manual - it's under the plate where the voice and remote boards fit if you have them. Disregard a lot of rubbish that you read if you Google about the memory battery - the battery just keeps the memory alive - not the operating system or the clock (what clock?)! Getting a battery with solder tags was the hard part for me! In the end I extended the two connection pins with a pair of wires to a new battery holder which I stuck onto the side of the PLL unit with double-sided tape.
The 'normal' position for the squelch control is turning clockwise until the noise stops - turn it any further and you start losing weaker signals but sometimes you need to do that! The Gain control is simply how loud you want it to be. It will only scan when the squelch is adjusted to mute the noise and the "SIG" light is out on the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.