Icom IC RX7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

I bought this scanner in part because of the am broadcast band.... anyway, all the bands including fm seem to be just fine but when I go to the a.m. broadcast band and search I don't pick up or hear any stations whatsoever.... anyone have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong.

Jeff

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
You have a fine radio . And I'm pretty sure its ok. Here is most likely your problem.

BroadCast band - 560 to 1600Khz. Am mode? Spec for your radio says it has a built in AM bar antenna. On page 73 of the online pdf manual it has instructions for selecting the internal antennas for AM (Medium wave) and FM broadcast band.

The IC-RX7 has an internal bar antenna installed for receiving
AM broadcast band (0.495–1.620 MHz; varies according to version) signals. In addition, the connected earphone’s cable can be used as an antenna for receiving strong signals.
D Selecting antenna
q Enter “AM ANTENNA” or “FM ANTENNA” in SETTING menu for AM broadcast band or FM broadcast band, respectively.
MENU ➪ SETTING ➪ AM ANTENNA (p. 66) (Push [MENU ]), (Push [r]/, then push [ENT MW].)
MENU ➪ SETTING ➪ FM ANTENNA (p. 66)
M
WMENUENTHOLD VSCAN.1472580369SKIPNO.CLRSQLDIALSEARCHATTMWENTMENUPushMWENT
w Push [r]/ (or rotate [DIAL]) to select “BAR” when “AM ANTENNA” is selected for the AM broadcast band; select “EARPHONE” when “FM ANTENNA” is selected for the strong signals.

Bar antenna selection f
or 0.495–1.620 MHz bandEarphone cable selection for strong signals
e Push [ENT MW] (or [v]) to return to SETTING menu, and push [CLR SQL] to return to frequency indication. NOTES:
• Some noise or spurious may be received when the internal
bar or earphone cable is used as an antenna.
• The supplied or third party’s antenna MUST BE connected
to the antenna connector to receive signals other than AM or FM broadcast bands.
• When receiving an AM broadcast signal with internal bar antenna, aim the receiver to better audio direction.
• When the internal bar or earphone cable is used as an antenna, the attenuator function cannot be

online pdf manual
.http://www.icomamerica.com/en/downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?Document=370

Last edited:

jeffy

Icom

thanks fellows things are on the up and up now. Neat little scanner!

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.