Icom ic-v82 programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICOMAN

Anyone have the same problem or perhaps can help me resolve the problem which i am experiencing with both of my icom ic-v82 digital hand helds. Shortly after i programme these sets using the correct cs-v82 software via my pc all programming erazes not long afterward when i swith the radio`s back on. I have re-programmed several times, but i still experience the same problem. Hours after i swith radio`s on again. All pre-programming disappears.

methusaleh

A few ideas come to mind...

I believe you need to turn the radios off, then on again, after disconnecting from the programming cable. I don't know what happens if you begin to use the radio without powering off first.

After you use the software to program the radios, do you know for a fact that they have accepted the programming parameters and are operational using the newly-programmed settings? In other words, do you get even a moment of use out of them before the new settings are lost?

ICOMAN

THANKS FOR INFO GENTS..YES BOTH SETS KEEP THE PROGRAMMING FOR SEVERAL HOURS, SOMETIMES LONGER...THEN EVERYTHING GOES. WHEN I PROGRAMME WITH SOFTWARE I DO GET MESSAGE PROGRAMMING SUCCESS & SWITH SETS OFF COMPLETELY THEN ON AGAIN. THOUGHT ONE OF THE RADIO`S WAS FAULTY, BUT THE FACT THAT BOTH ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME FAULT IS VERY PUZZLING...HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE PROGRAMMED TONS OF ICOM RIGS OVER THE YEARS & NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. WONDER IF THIS COULD BE A FACTORY DEFECT IN BOTH IC-V82 AS THE SERIAL NUMBERS RUN IN SUCCESSION & CAME FROM THE SAME SUPPLIER.
ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS AN UPDATE FIRMWARE & SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR THESE RIGS AS I USED 1.1v

methusaleh

Hmm definitely strange. Only thing that comes to mind, besides the possibility of defective units, is that maybe they have internal memory batteries, which need to be replaced periodically? Though I don't think I've heard of an HT with a memory battery in about 20 years.

ICOMAN

METHUSALAH, MANY THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. NO, THESE UNITS DO NOT HAVE A MEMORY BATTERY FITTED. I AM HOPING THAT IF SOMEONE CAN HELP OUT WITH UPDATED SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE NEWER THAN (1.1v) I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THIS PROBLEM RESOLVED ONCE & FOR ALL.

Last edited:

fineshot1

Please loose the caps in your posts - its considered bad form to use all caps.

You may want to de-install the programming software and then re-install it.
Perhaps there was a unobserved problem during the installation.

Just a thought....

N8IAA

You may want to do a hard reset of the radio/radios. That might clear up the problem too. When you program by hand, does it disappear after a short time also??
Larry

ICOMAN

Thanks for lates comments & my apologies for the CAPS lock..force of habbit!.sorry chaps I`m new to this forum stuff!. Have tried latest tips, but still have darn problem. Beginning to think that these units don`t like the software I have & need a more updated software/firmware.

fineshot1

OK - one last question and then i'm outta ideas.

Have the radios been modified in any way?

I ask because I purchased a used icom from some geek who had
it modified to go out of band and that mod screwed up the tuning
parameters and this 50W mobile would only put out 5W no matter
what you would do. Some of icoms radios are easily modified but it
seems like icom has some booby traps in them for just these kinds
of mods. I had to send it back to icom to have it restored to normal.

ICOMAN

No these V82 radio`s have not been modified in any way! Does anyone know if there is an updated software available?

ICOMAN

Many thanks for info on software download site however when I went to download the newer version software to the CS-V82 (1.1v ) which I`m using I was prompted to pay $96 ...needless to say I refused...are there any free download websites out there??

ICOMAN

I decided to pay the $96 to download updated software, but I am now unable to re-locate the listings which I saw earlier for the IC-V82...what`s going on!!

ICOMAN

Eventually resolved problem with radio`s which was in the main programming!

NEW QUESTION....Any operators out there know if the EUR versions of IC-2200h & IC-v82 can be mod to work the UT-114 Digital Encryption board???

fineshot1

Eventually resolved problem with radio`s which was in the main programming!

What was the actual problem(not the above stated problem) and resolution?

NEW QUESTION....Any operators out there know if the EUR versions of IC-2200h & IC-v82 can be mod to work the UT-114 Digital Encryption board???

The UT-114 is a DStar digital voice board and has no encryption capability.

Your question is confusing as the UT-114 is made for the models you stated even in Europe.

EDIT: Sorry - looked at the wrong UT(118) number on my list. This appears to be a voice inversion
type scrambler - perhaps with a rolling code but not sure as I could not find any tech info on this
unit but the description is below and appears to be for the international market.

ICOM UT-114 DIGITAL UNIT With Voice Scrambler
IC-2200H,IC-V82,IC-U82(only required with IC-V82/U82/2200H generation
EXP version, not for USA amateur version)

Last edited:

ICOMAN

Many thanks for the info which is appreciated. I have had the same problem trying to get tech info on the UT-114 which is a Digital Encryption Board, but Icom have been anything but helpful as usual. I have had a private security guy ask me recently to mod 10 radios which were purchased by him for the u.k.market & all use the UT-118 Digital Voice Board. He want`s to know if I can programme or mod them to work the UT-114 boards with encryption. He says he heard third hand about a mod through a u.k. ham operator.
I personally have never used a V82 Export version fitted with a UT-114 unit although I had two export Ic-v82 radio`s in the workshop back in March.
Would be interesting to know if such a mod is out there as UT-114 sound like a good format.

Last edited:

fineshot1

The term "Voice Scrambler" leads me to believe it is an analog scrambler and NOT digital encryption.

"Voice Scrambler" usually means "speech inversion" of some type and is in the analog form of
scrambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.