Icom IC90

Status
Not open for further replies.

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I have a IC90 HT and an ICOM desktop charger for it. I seem to have misplaced the charger manual. When I drop the radio in the desktop charger, the light flashes yellow intermitantly. When I use the plug in charger that came with the radio, the radio charges fine, but it won't with the desktop charger...

Any clues?

Thanks and 73.

fineshot1

A flashing yellow light on the desktop charger is a normal rapid pulse charge. If the battery does not charge under this condition then its near the end of its useful life. You might try fully cycling it about 5 or 6 times to see if that helps. The reason it seems to charge normally with the wall charger is due to less heat with a lower charge rate but its still probably not taking a full charge.

EDIT: How old is the battery? Depending how they are treated a typical service life of amateur grade batteries is one to three years.

Last edited:

N4UMJ

Checking the battery of course makes good sense as fineshot1 mentioned.

You may also want to try charging the battery seperately minus the radio with the spacer inserted of course.

Dropping the radio and battery together is a combination that my charger seems to get finicky over and will flash back at me and not charge at all.

Ed
N4UMJ

Status
Not open for further replies.