Icom ID-31A and Hotspot via D-Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All:

I am trying to set up my ID-31A to use with my hotspot, and having trouble getting it to work. When I try to add my info via the DV memory function, and recall it via the DR mode, I can't find the hotspot info I just added. I also tried to navigate to the reflector via the pi-star dash, and txmit via simplex, and it doesn't get into the hotspot. I am missing a step somewhere I guess. I can hear traffic fine, just can't txmit thru. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
One possibility is you are transmitting with a repeater offset. It can be tricky to get it to do simplex. Check radio screen during PTT for frequency.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Scott,
I see a couple of 'likes' so I'm thinking you have solved the problem. I have attached a copy of my ID51 setup into a ZumSpot and programmed using RTS. Columns you can't read the header are not used other than Offset is blank. I believe on both radios the auto repeater offset function gets in the way because of the frequency and band we are using. Each of the Callsign columns have the required number of characters.
Good Luck,
Mike

PiStar51Setup.png

WB2UZR

Scott,
I see a couple of 'likes' so I'm thinking you have solved the problem. I have attached a copy of my ID51 setup into a ZumSpot and programmed using RTS. Columns you can't read the header are not used other than Offset is blank. I believe on both radios the auto repeater offset function gets in the way because of the frequency and band we are using. Each of the Callsign columns have the required number of characters.
Good Luck,
Mike

View attachment 85799
Thanks mike:

No, haven't solved it yet. I don't have the programming cable, been using the SD card, and I have completely forgotten how to use it! Been a long time since I've looked at this radio. I think I need to re download the reflector list, I think I took the SD card out for another project, and I think I have to do all that again!

Thanks for the copy of your setup!

Scott/WB2UZR

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to this post I am updating my DV memories to include the reflectors. Until now I only used the UR callsign links to enable commands to the hotspot.

N8FNR

Hi All:

I am trying to set up my ID-31A to use with my hotspot, and having trouble getting it to work. When I try to add my info via the DV memory function, and recall it via the DR mode, I can't find the hotspot info I just added. I also tried to navigate to the reflector via the pi-star dash, and txmit via simplex, and it doesn't get into the hotspot. I am missing a step somewhere I guess. I can hear traffic fine, just can't txmit thru. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR
There is a Facebook ID-31A group that might be able to help.

Zack N8FNR

WB2UZR

Thanks guys , I finally got it figured out. I had to set the offset direction to positive, and offset frequency to 0 Mhz for the Pi-Star to hear me. Exactly what Mike posted earlier in the thread! ;)

Scott/WB2UZR

Status
Not open for further replies.