Icom ID-5100A Hotspot Programming

KM7KK

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchase the ID-5100A transceiver which performs well; I am using firmware E8, 1.22. Problem: I want to use MMDVM hotspot with the ID-5100A. Programming the node is not a problem, but I cannot say the same for the transceiver. When creating a new group number using the repeater list, I entered all the correct information, save the group but it specifies, "SKIP." Where did the skip come from? To make the group number visable, the skip has to be deleted. So I long press on the entery which asks if I want to edit, delete, turn skip on or turn skip off. I chose the last entery but it does not delete the "SKIP." I have tried to delete this feature in both VFO and DR mode. Nothing will get rid of it. Icom support has no apparent solution. I thought this might be a bug in version E8, but when downgrading the firmware to E7 the result is the same. KM7KK, Tucson, AZ

KM7KK

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I think perhaps you misunderstood the problem. I am referring to the placing a hotspot in the repeater list for DR mode. The word SKIP will be appended to the defined hotspot, thus it is not visable in the repeater list. In any event, I have resolved the problem. When defining your hotspot for DR mode in the repeater list, make sure that DUP+ is enabled but the offset is set to 0.000.00. This bug appears in both firmware versions E7 and E8. Apparently, Icom has no interest is correcting this. KM7KK

Hit_Factor

... When defining your hotspot for DR mode in the repeater list, make sure that DUP+ is enabled but the offset is set to 0.000.00. This bug appears in both firmware versions E7 and E8. Apparently, Icom has no interest is correcting this.
It's like that across the Icom line of dstar products. Not just DR mode, memory channels also requires this zero offset.

One of the Service Techs explained why, but I don't recall the details. Has to do with not being in simplex mode.