Icom: Icom ID-52A batteries and cradle charger

Cactus33

Hi All, I just ordered an Icom ID52-A. I am looking for a recommendation for a third party batteries and cradle charger for the radio. Icom prices are pretty high. The batteries and charger appear to be made in China. Batteries America has batteries and chargers available at almost half the price Icom charges. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hit_Factor

You will get what you pay for. Generally the Icom batteries have more capacity. The charger has more current (so it's faster). Made in china is not automatically a bad thing.

When making buying decisions based on price you will probably be getting made in China without the engineering specifications, or quality control Icom requires.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The stuff Batteries America is selling is probably sourced from Chinese manufacturers. However, in my experience, Batteries America will stand behind what they sell. I'd rather buy Chinese stuff from them than from an unknown Ebay seller.

N4DJC

The “batteries” for the 52 are made in Japan, but assembled in China. I’ve never been a fan of aftermarket batteries, just not worth the difference in performance.