R8600 Icom Irresponsibility ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
18,967
Reaction score
15,452
Location
So Cal - Richardson, TX - Tewksbury, MA
To expand a little further, I bought a new 1986 GM black vehicle and the paint clear coat started to fail at about 6mo. The service manager said not to worry, you have 3yr warranty on the paint. Its going to get worse so lets see how bad it gets then we can paint more of the car. I must have had 20 service visits for various things and the paint was mentioned on all the service sheets.

About a year and a month in the paint problem was really spreading so I requested they act on it. The service manager (same one) now says its over a year old and out of warranty, not their problem. I reminded him that he quoted me 3yrs on the paint over a dozen time and he just smiled and said sorry. I told the dealership owner my only option at this point is to take it up with GM corporate and he threw me out of his office even though I had been very polite up to that point. I started a claim with GM which goes to their worthless arbitration. The easy to fill out forms at the courthouse got their attention real fast.

I know this has noting to do with Icom but if things don't go well there are other options and it can be very satisfying.

Surprising a piddly small claims court filing generated that kind of response, given there must be 1000s of those happening at any one time. Not doubting you btw.
 

palmerjrusa

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
1,387
Reaction score
961
Location
Frederick
All the Icom rebates I've submitted have been honored, just had to wait...

It's important to follow the rebate instructions to the letter.
 

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
812
Location
Cleveland, OH
@prcguy Nice! That sounds about right for mid 80s GM moron salesmen.

Thanks for sharing and way to stick it to them.
 

Radiomender

Newbie
Joined
Dec 5, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Groovy Grove Park
"The easy to fill out forms at the courthouse got their attention real fast."

This might be because any judgement against them would set a precedent that would precipitate a torrent of claims.
Better to satisfy one person voluntarily than several thousand without the choice. :)
 

Marcy57

Active Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
1,039
My debit card expired I waited to long to use it , my fault,
they only gave me six months on it...so I lost out on $50.00
When I tried to use it did not work then I tried agn and it
had expired so thats my R8600 debit card story...and no
they will not send you a new one...73,s happy holidays
to all..Marcy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top