• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom KPC 75D software instalatiion help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Well, I am in a mess now. I have an Icom F4GS I want to re program, I have the dongle, found the driver and software but can't find the serial number to install the software. The computer this was originally on no longer exist. Problem here is it is no longer supported by Icom, dealers don't have it and looking like some top secret, unobtanium information. Can any one help here or do I have something for dumpster fodder.

merlin

OOps my bad, it is the CSF-3G I need help with. Guess they call it ID number
I do have a box of TK-3101s to program after they get repaired. (Audio problem with all) May need some input there to. All I have is the install disk and no SN for that either.

merlin

I have about 30 different programs for radios. ALL of the OEM backed up to hard drives. disks, documentation and such no longer exist.
Normally, the backed up software included text files with that info, but down the years, that seems to have vanished.
Bad enough those with multiple disks won.t install calling for 'disk 2' and can't find it. OK though, I quit using DOS decades ago.
What is left is going onto a Win XP-pro machine for its printer and serial port. Something my new Dell with Win 10 lacks and USB/RS-232 dongles have been problematic. Radio service software is not the only thing gone the same way. Late 70s/80s I worked on communications, 2-way radio, mobile telephone going to firmware level. Now retired from aerospace, radio is just a hobby. My pride and joy was a GE Delta SX. Done things with it the engineers say impossible. You can't fathom how much a complete Motorola service package cost but come a long way from a Gertsch FM-10 CS. I will be posting photos of my 'work bench' when it gets restored. Should be getting my programming cables for Ericsson M-RK and JAG 700 any day. that software is already installed and working. I never will replace the hundreds of service manuals now gone.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have about 30 different programs for radios. ALL of the OEM backed up to hard drives. disks, documentation and such no longer exist.
Normally, the backed up software included text files with that info, but down the years, that seems to have vanished.
Bad enough those with multiple disks won.t install calling for 'disk 2' and can't find it. OK though, I quit using DOS decades ago.
What is left is going onto a Win XP-pro machine for its printer and serial port. Something my new Dell with Win 10 lacks and USB/RS-232 dongles have been problematic. Radio service software is not the only thing gone the same way. Late 70s/80s I worked on communications, 2-way radio, mobile telephone going to firmware level. Now retired from aerospace, radio is just a hobby. My pride and joy was a GE Delta SX. Done things with it the engineers say impossible. You can't fathom how much a complete Motorola service package cost but come a long way from a Gertsch FM-10 CS. I will be posting photos of my 'work bench' when it gets restored. Should be getting my programming cables for Ericsson M-RK and JAG 700 any day. that software is already installed and working. I never will replace the hundreds of service manuals now gone.

This is exactly why I have abandoned DOS based radios. While I still have a DOS capable laptop, but I can’t remember the last time I used it. I’ve got one CF-19 with win7 and a Lenovo with win10.

If it can’t be programmed using one of those laptops, I’m not interested in using it any more.

merlin

Yea, these Icom's are old radios, but good ones, just last time programmed, it was set up with the companies repeater and some friends talkaround channels. That was 9 years back in a different state. I don't have a license to use it now so thinking FRS channels.
The radio is perfect, near new battery, charger, carry case and such. too good to go into the junk box. Software I need the SN for is the very same that programmed this years back, but on a different computer and now can't find the SN, and no, I am not going to spend months sifting 2 TB of backed up software. I would even pay Icom for new if this was still supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.