Icom M710 hf ham tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5812

This radio will not transmit on the ham HF bands. Does anyone have instructions on how to mod it to do so?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
This is just a guess, but I seem to remember that many of these marine HF rigs have two modes... a channelized mode for marine channels and a "VFO" mode for non-channelized or amateur operation. Have you checked in the M710 manual?

merlin

I was able to find some programming instructions. Apparently, each frequency needs to be programmed as a memory channel before it can be used.

Use VFO mode and say 50 Khz step. the rotary encoder or up/down will go through frequencies.
Us the keypad for direct frequency entry and you can even save that to a user channel.
In channel mode, you need to program it for simplex or ad a related TX frequency to transmit.

merlin

I forgot one thing, there are 3 flavors of this radio, the "general" wont program for TX.
All you get are what is ITU canned channels, but decent general coverage receiver.

merlin

This is just a guess, but I seem to remember that many of these marine HF rigs have two modes... a channelized mode for marine channels and a "VFO" mode for non-channelized or amateur operation. Have you checked in the M710 manual?
Yes, some do, and some dont. Some even have general coverage HF and scan features.

Status
Not open for further replies.