Icom or Yaesu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
some guy wants to trade me either his Icom 207 and a scanner or a Yaesu ft 1802 for my tk-880..
i don't know anything about the 2 radios he is offering my.
are they any good and which one is better?
thank you

DieselFF918

I cant tell ya about the Icom 207, not familiar with those units. However, I own a Yaesu 1802m (my 2nd one) and am very pleased with it.

If you are just looking for something simple, the 1802m is the way to go.

One of the things I like about it is, it doesnt have tons of features on it, I dont even use the extra features it does have, like the WIRES function or the CW trainer.

fineshot1

Ic-207h

I used to own a 207 and the only reason I sold it was cause I was laid off from work and had some bills to pay. I regret selling it as it was best dual band mobile I ever owned. It did take some getting used to to program without the software but everything could be done from the remote control mic and once you got used to using the mic for the programing and operations it was a great ham radio.

ki4rvh

The 1802 has had lots of problems. Lots of them were sent from the factory off frequency. I have heard a couple on the air after being sent back from the factory that are very tinty and have the worst audio I've ever heard from any ham radio. Yaesu messed up on this one. I'd stear clear of it. I'd go with the 207. Icom mobiles always have great audio.

K

kb0nly

There was very little problems with the 1802, the audio problem was mic related and solved easily with a soldering iron and five minutes.

Never heard about any being off frequency, but the transmit audio problem yes.

stevolene

I had an 1802M, strong little 2 meter, half the display went out, sent it back to yaesu, they repaired under warranty, I would say in this case I would choose the icom. one thing though, icom is very proud of thier radios and optional merchandise that goes with them, consider that when you get ready to purchase a new radio.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The 1802 has had lots of problems. Lots of them were sent from the factory off frequency. I have heard a couple on the air after being sent back from the factory that are very tinty and have the worst audio I've ever heard from any ham radio. Yaesu messed up on this one. I'd stear clear of it. I'd go with the 207. Icom mobiles always have great audio.

no problem with my 1802

I prefer yaesu over icom, but you're talking dual band vs monoband... and looking to trade off a commercial rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.