Icom pcr-100 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello all :)

I just bought a icom pcr100 and was wondering if you guys can help me. Im looking for a usb to serial adapter that will work well with icom and windows 7. The software im going to be using is trunkpcr but im not going to do the disc-tap on the 100 just using it to control the radio.

Does anyone know a better program that will work with windows 7 32?

Thank you
Mike

Tweekerbob

I used a targus port replicator with my Dell laptop and Icom PCR-1000. I did try a few other USB to serial adapters but no joy.

TalkPCR may be a better alternative program to use if you don't need trunking. Although TrunkPCR is a great piece of software, I found it much easier to use TalkPCR for conventional scanning. You will want to get the 3.0 beta version. It uses way less CPU power than previous versions. In order to get it you will have to join the Yahoo group: PCR-1000 and look in the files section. Also, Probe 1K is an excellent DOS program that is great for VHF/UHF scanning. I don't know if it is fully functional or even compatible with the PCR-100 though. You may want to contact the author before ordering.

Ryan

SCPD

QRT
I order from ebay a Belkin usb to serial converter and a rs232c cable so hopefully that will work. Im going to try Talkpcr as soon as i can remember my yahoo login info. Thank you again for the quick reply

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.