Icom PCR receivers and Denver Metro....

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopyII

In reference to Landsay's comment about TrunkPCR (Lakewood ESK System thread MSG#33) Does anybody around here use or are familiar with the Icom PCR series receivers? I do most of my listening while driving around, is it suitable for mobile use? I have a Toughbook sitting idle currently ( and a desktop PC also..for that matter if its not recomended for a mobile state ) that would be suitable for a dedicated PC for this application. Most recently if you want to keep up with the Jones' a.k.a. the City and County of Denver and the City of Lakewood its gonna cost you some bucks. This hobby is getting really expensive...and rapidly. I gonna have to give up drugs to pay for it..lol...:0 I've done a little poking around, and by no stretch of the means it this little piece of equipment cheap...but then again neither is a new GRE Scanner either.... I have some radio assets that I'd be willing to sell off to finance a portion of this conversion. Thoughts, comments anyone?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Considering ICOM PCR-2500 has a retail price of $896 and grove enterprises sells them discounted at $729 you're better off getting a PSR-500 or 600 that does ESK and P25 out of the box at $500

Yeah it's expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.