ICOM PCR100 and WIN XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4UMJ

Hello all,

Would anyone know offhand if the PCR100 receiver with the original IC-PCR100 software will work on Windows XP?

I have heard about a workaround with a newer updated .DLL that replaces an original RXBase.DLL in the original PCR100 software and allows it to work on XP. Right now I am running WIN98SE and cannot verify any of this.

From what I can gather the newer PCR1000 REV 2.0 program also addresses the XP issue with a similar / newer RXBase DLL.

Thanks for any help with my question,
ED

campd715

Premium Subscriber
ED

I don't know about the PCR100 but the PCR1000 rev 2.2 works quite well with Win XP. It also indicates that it will work with 98/98SE/ME/2000.

Dennis

WouffHong

PCR100 and XP

FWIW: I've had no problem running my PCR100 and it's Software under XP SP2..
Tom

N4UMJ said:
Hello all,

Would anyone know offhand if the PCR100 receiver with the original IC-PCR100 software will work on Windows XP?

I have heard about a workaround with a newer updated .DLL that replaces an original RXBase.DLL in the original PCR100 software and allows it to work on XP. Right now I am running WIN98SE and cannot verify any of this.

From what I can gather the newer PCR1000 REV 2.0 program also addresses the XP issue with a similar / newer RXBase DLL.

Thanks for any help with my question,
ED

kb9tyc

I have a version of the Icom software that I received from another user here that works fine on Windows XP SP2. If you need it send me a PM with your email address.

dixieboyfl

Premium Subscriber
RE: Software for ICOM PCR-1000

I bought a nice used PCR-1000 and it came with a Bonito 4.5 CD but my drive won't recognize the CD or the Program.

Can ayone tell me where to get Bonito 4.5 and TalkPCR ?

I tried the UK Site for TalkPCR but it has been down for days.

Is there something better now for the PCR Radios ?

Thanks in Adance,

Mike - FL

Status
Not open for further replies.