icom r20 question....(possibly purchasing this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoredougie

Okay so I'm lookn to buy a comms receiver and I want the icom r20...Is it worth it or should I get a yupiteru receiver...
I'd say the icom is way newer and beefier...Also this new icom r30 might be worth the wait but I can get the r20 for 275 or so....Im sure the r30 is going to be up over 500....So also, from experience, could someone point me in the right direction with owning a r20....
I always wanted this hand held receiver...I love ssb 160meters ssb 80 meters all thru 2mg-30 mgz comms....
Not sure the r20 is tip top receiver for this band but it seems very good receiving on average in sw....
Thanks sorry about my tyrant but I want this r20 and i wanna pull the trigger buying it the next week...I had every type sw receiver from panasonic 4800 to yaesu vr5000....My yaesu vr500 was pretty good receiving sw ssb coms wit aftermarket antenna....
Thanks I guess question is just how good is the r20 hearing sw with aftermarket antenna and sw ssb comms from experience out there? Alsoz any addition idea will help...Thanx Doug G.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
The R-20 is an excellent receiver. Very sensitive and does have a learning curve to operate, There are several very good videos on YouTube about the operation of the radio. An after market antenna is an absolute must- in fact having several available depending on what frequencies you wish to monitor will be helpful. Programming by hand is somewhat challenging but do-able. Programming by computer software is fairly straight forward.

If you have not already made your purchase I am looking to sell mine. Feel free to contact me through private messaging. The only reason I am selling mine is because I use the general coverage receiver in my ham radio now instead of the portable.

Good luck and enjoy the radio

bmoredougie

Do me a favor trap and message me so I can easily respond 2 you that way. It's not letn me message you vut I'm on mobile and im new so do that for me so we maybe can talk

bmoredougie

The R-20 is an excellent receiver. Very sensitive and does have a learning curve to operate, There are several very good videos on YouTube about the operation of the radio. An after market antenna is an absolute must- in fact having several available depending on what frequencies you wish to monitor will be helpful. Programming by hand is somewhat challenging but do-able. Programming by computer software is fairly straight forward.

If you have not already made your purchase I am looking to sell mine. Feel free to contact me through private messaging. The only reason I am selling mine is because I use the general coverage receiver in my ham radio now instead of the portable.

Good luck and enjoy the radio
Not sure why i cant use this but here's my email I use
Fashizleme13@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.