Icom R2500 Better sensitivity in Squelsen when running with the Computer program than with the Front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybor

I feel that squelshen is not as sensitive when driving with the front, it opens up to much weaker signals when running with the computer program, anyone with experience of this? Or is it possible to change something when I run with the screen that I may have missed?

Attachments

• 1589878790403.png
    1589878790403.png
    312 bytes · Views: 7
  • 1589878806728.png
    1589878806728.png
    312 bytes · Views: 4

Ubbe

The only thing it could be are probably the bandwidth setting. Check that you use the same setting when using the display as with the computer program. Push the set/skip button until you reach the FIL setting for the selection of filters and turn the dial to choose the same filter as in the computer program.

I have used the Icom computer program a lot and have never experianced any different sensitivity or squelch operation compared to using the front panel.

/Ubbe

cybor

Det har jag ändrat, så kör samma, vi kör på svenska?, Jag kör ju detta genom rrc 1258. Har du testat det? Där upplever jag bättre känslighet i datorprogrammet än via fronten.

Ubbe

We better use english, others might be interested and I believe it is required by the forum rules.

I have used Remoterig 1258 with PCR2500 for some years, connected to a professional 4-stacked 400Mhz antenna and a 2-stacked VHF and monitoring using the diversity function. It worked great. Now I have it connected to a freinds home out on the country to a Uniden BCT15 and works great there as well as he is some 50m above sea level and I am at sea level, even though he is twice the distance from the transmitters I am monitoring.

Great product but expensive. I am on limited data amount each month and the remote rig use almost no data, compared to webrowser streaming and similar programs.

The Remoterig box emits some stray RF and I need to use cat7 double shielded network cable to get rid of it. When initially testing out the boxes when I got them 10 years ago I didn't notice any changes in sensitivity or squelch settings, only the interference on some frequencies, especially in the 79Mhz range. The squelch in PCR2500 are one of the best I have experianced it has a perfect balanced hysteres and the setting doesn't need any changes when switching between different frequency bands. It also seems to be an excellent receiver, almost like a professional radio. I've never heard any interferenceis that wasn't actually in the air and it never overloads even if I feed it with a 20dB gain amplifier.

/Ubbe

cybor

perfect that you can run with remote it gives many possibilities, also run pcr2500 at home also, Have you tried running it via RRCn and And control it with the original software on the computer? do you think so?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Like Ubbe said, I've never seen a difference in signal levels when running my 2500 from the computer or from its control head.
I bet Ubbe is correct and a bandwidth filter is different when you run your 2500 in different ways. That's an easy thing to not notice.

Ubbe

Have you tried running it via RRCn and And control it with the original software on the computer? do you think so?
I never did that. Then it has to remote the USB port and I don't know if its even possible doing that with a RRC-1258? Is it how you have it connected now, locally for testing purposes?

/Ubbe

cybor

Okey,I have looked and it is the same bandpass filter, But we leave it now, I'm looking for, Another thing when you drive with Remoterig have you split the sound from the main and sub receivers, respectively? so you have a speaker for each? Or the main and sub receiver end up in the same speaker? If you split, how did you do then?

Ubbe

You can only have one audio source. The newer Remoterig have a stereo sound capablilty that can be used to transfer two audio sources. I always use diversity mode with two antennas, that is the main feature of the R2500 that I always use and if you do not use that then it is like most other, cheaper, receivers.

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
You can only have one audio source. The newer Remoterig have a stereo sound capablilty that can be used to transfer two audio sources. I always use diversity mode with two antennas, that is the main feature of the R2500 that I always use and if you do not use that then it is like most other, cheaper, receivers.

/Ubbe

Yep, diversity here as well unless the primary receiver is being used for a frequency that the secondary receiver cannot receive, then diversity does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.