Icom R6 or Uniden 330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Narrowed it down to these two radios. Pretty much same coverage. Can load RR database into the 330T vs using software to input what frequency belongs to who. Cost is about the same. Was considering the Uniden 125 AT but the 330T has a little more coverage on air. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

krazybob

Narrowed it down to these two radios. Pretty much same coverage. Can load RR database into the 330T vs using software to input what frequency belongs to who. Cost is about the same. Was considering the Uniden 125 AT but the 330T has a little more coverage on air. Any comments welcome. Thanks.
Have you thought of picking up a used amateur radio mobile units? I used a FT-8900 that has exceptional performance on the aircraft band. It does not suffer interference normally picked up by a scanner when using an external antenna. There are other radios than the one I've got. You just need to pick one that's got coverage from 118 - 136 MHz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Have own the 1st gen AOR 8200 many years ago. Was a sweet receiver then. Didn’t know of that newer version. Been looking at the R30 too. Seems to have a few issues. Will have to research the AOR. Back to the drawing board. Thanks for the info.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Checked out the latest 8200 and their latest one but from what I have read, seems AOR has some drifting issues in general. The R30 keep comings back as best investment so far if I want to spend that much. Think I will wait a bit more for more reviews on the R30 before I decide. May just get a uniden 125 for now to hold me over for now.

Ubbe

My first generation AR8200 are exact in frequency and doesn't drift at all. It is so exact that I could use it to remotly check transmit frequencies at sites and when visiting that site I could verify it was at most 100Hz off at a 160Mhz frequency.

/Ubbe

Eugene

I have both a 330T and UBC125XT with the extended coverage in mil-air (had to get it form Canada). They are both good for aircraft (which is what I use them for). The 330T is just a bit more sensitive. Using both side-by-side with identical telescoping whips, the 330T will pick up the tower cab when the 125XT will not (I live 6 miles from the airport).

Eugene KG4AVE

spacellamaman

I have both a 330T and UBC125XT with the extended coverage in mil-air (had to get it form Canada).

Eugene KG4AVE

if ya don't mind my asking, where/who/how etc did you go about getting the UBC125XT from canada? i have considered one due to its expanded coverage as well. was it much of a headache, if any, getting it from outside the CONUS? my experiences are limited and would appreciate anything you could pass along.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
if ya don't mind my asking, where/who/how etc did you go about getting the UBC125XT from canada? i have considered one due to its expanded coverage as well. was it much of a headache, if any, getting it from outside the CONUS? my experiences are limited and would appreciate anything you could pass along.

There are several of the 'UBC's on Ebay right now...for a premium price of course, but other than an inflated price it's not a headache to purchase them and get them shipped to you.

Eugene

You are right......I had looked at that site initially and ordered one then when I saw it was just the BC125AT, I cancelled the order....without any problems. This stuck in my mind however so I can't right off remember the dealer....but will search.... I would know the name if I heard it.....sorry.

Eugene

mule1075

Feed Provider
You are right......I had looked at that site initially and ordered one then when I saw it was just the BC125AT, I cancelled the order....without any problems. This stuck in my mind however so I can't right off remember the dealer....but will search.... I would know the name if I heard it.....sorry.

Eugene
Durham radio maybe. They closed up last year.

Eugene

Thanks God for "saved mail". I purchased it from Fleetwood Digital Products. Like I said, only hassle was converting price actually from CAD to USD.......put on MasterCard using US dollars..... they converted it to CAD....shipped In 4 business days. It cost at that time $123.15 USD. Couldn't have been smoother.

Eugene

Status
Not open for further replies.