icom r75

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

hey guys i hear that song wreck of edmund fitzgerald on that icom r75 on shortwave! i just wondered if that icom r75 would pick-up the edmund fitzgerald since it cost so much. good grief!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
hey guys i hear that song wreck of edmund fitzgerald on that icom r75 on shortwave! i just wondered if that icom r75 would pick-up the edmund fitzgerald since it cost so much. good grief!

The Fitzgerald sank many years ago on a shipping run; a very popular ballad was written about the sinking by Gordon Lightfoot, and it became one of his most popular songs. You can read about it here

SS Edmund Fitzgerald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We welcome loggings of stations in a couple of our forums; For sw broadcasting, post here;

http://forums.radioreference.com/shortwave-broadcast/139118-log-your-sw-catches-here.html

for utility stations

Utility Listening - The RadioReference.com Forums

and for digital modes (non ham)

Digital Signals Decoding - The RadioReference.com Forums

If all this sounds a bit confusing, I would take some time to read the information found in the HF gateway in our wiki...

HF - The RadioReference Wiki

and for general questions about things heard below 30 mhz...

HF-MW-LW General Discussion area - the RR Forums

Thanks for your continued support....Mike

Last edited:

yungchin

ka3jjz! i knew that edmund fizgerald sank many yrs ago man i was just throwing a radio joke out there about the icom r75 costing so much

bigblue2

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
proud of ICOM R-75

Yungchin, I am very much proud of our ICOM R-75. Imagine I am listening to 1323khz, almost 1mhz, longwave which suddenly mutated into an Arab shortwave station after hearing it differently. And very loud and crispy clear...Now I know they all depend on the antenna not the radio. So with the rest of the other products and other brands.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually that's MW not longwave, but a decent catch nonetheless. Yes, the antenna plays as much of a role in hearing something as the receiver. That's why when you put together something like this, you need to consider it as a system rather than as separate entities.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.