Icom SP-35 Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I decided to do a speaker upgrade on my desktop to replace a pair of no-name small rectangular speakers which I use for my Icom 746Pro and AnyTone 578. They are the small generic rectangle speakers marketed with different names, one being Kenwood. I bought two Icom SP-35s from DX Engineering and rec'd them Friday. I have to sayt I am more than pleased with the sound. I had bought the Icom SP-38 speaker for my R8600 and was very satisfied with the sound so I thought I would go with Icom speakers again hoping for the same quality and sound and I was not disappointed. Voice and tone are warm and rich even with the volume at louder levels. The sound coming out of this 4" speaker is unbelievable. They are as good as or even better than my Yaesu MLS (Vertex) speakers that I use for my BCT15X, BCD536HP, and WS-1065. At approx $55 per speaker they are well worth the money. For anyone looking for a good sounding 4" speaker for their radio I would highly recommend the Icom SP-35s.

WB9YBM

Sounds like you've certainly some some good research! Thanks for the recommendations! What you mention sounds like a more reasonably priced version of what I've heard a few other folks do: they run their radios through a mixer board before going to a speaker.

merlin

I am using an Orion mobile speaker and sounds good. Loud enough to have neighbors complaining.
The speaker goes to a patch panel so I can connect anything to it. Audio from base radios and scanners go to the patch panel also.
Only improvement I can see is a ADSP speaker.
Not a thing wrong with the Icom SP-35s though.

Status
Not open for further replies.