Icom's new high end receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

Yet amongst it having a broadend RX range (and for the money) -

- Can it even do PL/DPL decode? I mean for such a nice piece of equiptment, you'd think it could even decode MDC, GESTAR, DTMF, QCI/Ii/etc.

Yokoshibu

Declared_Hostile said:
Had a chance to briefly handle and mess around with some R&S gear. Incredibly impressive stuff from what I could tell and it did some pretty amazing stuff via software. The price I was told was astronomical.

yeah I love R&S... that and techtronix is all I use!

NE9N

Its too bad that we don't have anybody in the congress that has any balls to stand up to these bone headed morons like the cell phone industry and tell then where to get off!!! Mr. Barry Goldwater the late senator from AZ and ham operator K7UGA had it right!! the air waves are public domain!!! and we should have the right to listen to ANY radio signal if the equipment is available!!!

gcgrotz

NE9N said:
Its too bad that we don't have anybody in the congress that has any balls to stand up to these bone headed morons like the cell phone industry and tell then where to get off!!! Mr. Barry Goldwater the late senator from AZ and ham operator K7UGA had it right!! the air waves are public domain!!! and we should have the right to listen to ANY radio signal if the equipment is available!!!

I just wonder how long this silly little ban will last after cell companies are no longer required to maintain analog channels. Seems like it will be moot soon after that. You can't legally listen to cordless phones either but they didn't block those freqs.

I know techs at both 800 MHz carriers here and they have very few channels even on anymore. I'll have to break out the old service monitor one day and see just whats on. I'm sure it isn't much!

KK5FM

Let's not forget that the "less cellular" restriction was put in place to keep evil ;) scannerlisteners from monitoring -analog- cell phones. I'm glad that the six people still left in the U.S. who are using an analog cell phone are protected from scanner listeners...

Status
Not open for further replies.