R8600 Icom's new website design missing files. Anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOR-262

Icom have redesigned their website and seem to have gotten some file lost.

I'm looking for the USB I/Q Package for HDSDR v1.01

Does anyone have this file they can send me?

Thanks

p.s. the link below is the correct 'new' page but the file isn't there for downloading.

IC-R8600 | Icom Inc.

AOR-262

@doctordialtone

Yes you're right BUT when you click on the first result which takes you to here 'IC-R8600 | Icom Inc.', right at the bottom of the screen there is a small box to check which you click inside with your mouse ... then the Download icon turns to red allowing you to download the file ... but the download button just contains to brackets ( ) and you're then redirected to a page that says:

Sorry : We couldn't find that page
Please check if the URL provided is correct.
Temporary technical issues may prevent you from accessing the web server.
Please try again later.

AOR-262

I have searched the internet and that file is not available anywhere - hence does anyone have this file they've previously downloaded and stored somewhere.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The new website is more tedious to wade through when all you want is a radio manual download. I now they have many offerings for their units, but it seems like a step backwards in complexity.

AOR-262

@jaspence

Like every website these days, I believe that PC's and Laptops are slowly dying out and more and more people are now using Smart Phones and Tablets and iPads to access the internet - and these devices don't use the same internet Browser as a PC/Laptop does, the Browser on a Tablet is designed to work with these devices. That's why Icom's new look is being targeted towards users of these devices. Access the new look on a normal PC/Laptop as you said is terrible.

AOR-262

@kruser

Many thanks to @kruser for his help today. Thankfully he had the file I was looking for stored and was able to share it with me. Top man!!

toad99

Premium Subscriber
I have the Icr8600.usb.iq.ver101 file if anyone wants it. It contains both 32 and 64 bit versions. I could attach the file (38mB) here as long as no one flames me.

Status
Not open for further replies.