TRX-2: Icons On Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Recently I traveled to California and took my TRX-2 with me and two mag mounts for a low band antenna and a half wave hi VHF antenna (California). The radio did well but several times it would stop scanning on a channel and have a small lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the display window. It wouldn't always display but I did see it on several instances. I looked in the Whistler Manual for the radio and found nothing...

Any ideas what it was and why it was displayed?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The lightning bold indicates that it is currently decoding a CTCSS, DCS, or NAC.

troymail

Silent Key
The lightning bold indicates that it is currently decoding a CTCSS, DCS, or NAC.

^ This -- and, at least in search mode, I see the radio stop alot on (at least) 800 Mhz trunk system frequencies - particularly older Motorola systems - where there appears to be some type of (unmodulated?) signal/carrier (sometimes it's a control channel frequency but not always). Trunked frequencies aren't intended to be scanned standalone but rather tuned to at the direction of the CC data so I don't view this particular scenario as an issue.

Not knowing what you're scanning/seeing specifically - you could be seeing similar things... or not.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 Icon On Display

In thinking about what I was seeing, it was when the radio stopped on a frequency (VHF low band) used by CHP and most all of them use PL tones. That would explain what I saw. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.