• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icons On Motorola Saber 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

altereffect

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what all of the icons on the Motorola Saber 2 mean. On my radio I know what the speaker with the slash through it means and the empty circle. I was wondering what the the icon that looks like 2 hills together means. Also if someone can tell me what other icons look like and mean.

One more thing. Can someone tell me about all of the programming options for this radio or where I can find these?

It's not cheap to get this radio programmed and I want to program it right the first time.

Thank you for your help.

W2NJS

"Two hills together" means the radio is in repeater mode, i.e., the transmit and receive channels are different. I'm away from home and don't have a Saber with me so I can't recall what the other symbols might be, but if you go to Batwing Laboratories and look under Model Specific Information for Saber I II III you might find some more information. RepeaterBuilder.com is another helpful site you can check.

Status
Not open for further replies.