Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Question re "icons":

a. Over the Channel soft key, bottom on the right, there is what looks
like an "eye" icon above the words CHANNEL

What is this, please ?

b. At the very top, right, there is an upwards pointing arrow. Not all the time, but sometimes.

What is this ?

c. Sometimes when diddling with the FUNC Knob, a very brief "F" shows, then disappears.
What is this ? Are there any others like this that I should probably know about and understand ?

Any easy way to display what FL's are presently activated ?

Thanks,
Bob

BOBRR

Hi,

Oops !

It's for my new Uniden SDS200.
------------------
For dougjgray: Which please: The upper Arrow, or the lower "eye" above the CHANNEL for the Close Call indicator ? Thanks.
------------------

Thanks,
Bob

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
c. Sometimes when diddling with the FUNC Knob, a very brief "F" shows, then disappears.
What is this ?
That letter F that appears briefly in the upper left corner of the display is for the Function key. If you look at the keypad, some of the keys have wording next to the main key label. For example, on the 9 key, you see a lower font label that says Disp. If you activate the Function key, by pressing in the scroll knob, the F appears and if you immediately hit the 9 (with the F still displayed upper left), that takes you to where you can change the display mode selected.[/QUOTE]

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And the arrow indicates scanning direction. Going up means you are scanning from channel 1 to 100 (if you have 100 channels programmed). Going down means you start at channel 100 and go down to 1. You change the scan direction by twisting the function knob.

This has been around for so long (so many scanner models), I don't think it's even discussed in the manual any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.