ICORRS counties fire and ems dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I don't want o ask a stupid question, but when programming ICORRS, do I need to program every site to hear everything, or can I just pick 1 or 2 sites?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't want o ask a stupid question, but when programming ICORRS, do I need to program every site to hear everything, or can I just pick 1 or 2 sites?
You program whichever site(s) you have good reception of from your monitoring location, and you'll hear only the talkgroups that are active at those sites.

With wide area/regional multi-site trunked systems, it's pretty much a guarantee that you are never going to be able to hear "everything", as these systems are designed and setup to maximize frequency resources. In other words, every site is not going to carry every talkgroup, as that would be very inefficient and a waste of channel resources. Under normal circumstances, County A's fire dispatch doesn't need to be heard 100 miles away on the sites in County E.

There are scenarios where the system admin(s) might allow talkgroups to roam across an entire system, and so in theory if a fire chief from County A happens to be in County E with his radio sitting on County A's fire dispatch talkgroup, it might be heard on the County E's site temporarily...but that's a whole other discussion.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Which site did you get that on? I have info that will be Butler Co Fire Dispatch Talkgroup.
Butler. I set up a fav with only the current anlog channels and p25 system with just the butler site. This was picked up my sds100 while in discover mode. Had three hits. All sound like some key up. Possibly testing the radio or the system.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Since the Westmoreland West site is a Simulcast system, would it also carry Butler County comms?

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Heard another talk group today. 1802
Since the Westmoreland West site is a Simulcast system, would it also carry Butler County comms?
Dispite people saying it would not b simulcast. I believe it will be. My BCD436HP has not discovered on talk group despite switching positions with the sds100 which has found three talk groups so far. But time will tell

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Butler will probably not carry over to Westmoreland West Site. Only some of the talkgroups will carry over to the next adjacent site which would be armstrong. Possible on westmoreland east.

Have to remember the west / east designation of the simulcast in westmoreland is not a vertical line. It's a diagonal line running from just south of new ken toward greensburg and continue to scottsdale area. There was a map in a training powerpoint when they originally rolled out the system that had the rough boundary of the simulcast site

ffemt134

Would this even be possible, with Butler going to be Phase 2 P25 vs. Westmoreland being Phase 1? I'm not sure of the details of how that works.

Butler will probably not carry over to Westmoreland West Site. Only some of the talkgroups will carry over to the next adjacent site which would be armstrong. Possible on westmoreland east.

Have to remember the west / east designation of the simulcast in westmoreland is not a vertical line. It's a diagonal line running from just south of new ken toward greensburg and continue to scottsdale area. There was a map in a training powerpoint when they originally rolled out the system that had the rough boundary of the simulcast site

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
The whole system is capable of phase 2 but I believe nothing was set up as phase 2 talkgroups on the 800 side. Mainly cause so many subscriber units are xts/xtl vs apx equipment.

WB3DYE

Silent Key
Luzerne county. 157.450--Paggeing only---no pl

For those counties part of ICORRS, which counties are still using conventional paging for Fire and/or EMS services?

Armstrong - Fire was low band but shows deprecated. Are they using alpha pager or a different voice paging? EMS paging still 155.2200?

Fayette - Fire dispatch still 155.1900? EMS dispatch still 155.2950?

Indiana - Any Fire/EMS dispatch channels? Both showing deprecated. Alpha pager or another voice paging?

Lawrence - Fire/EMS paging still on 153.9950 or just fire? EMS paging shows 154.8000?

Somerset - Fire paging still lowband 33.7000? EMS paging still 155.1750?

Westmoreland - Fire paging still 154.0400? EMS still 155.1600?

Are any of these frequencies able to talk to county or just paging only?

Do any of these counties have PD patch frequencies?

talviar

The whole system is capable of phase 2 but I believe nothing was set up as phase 2 talkgroups on the 800 side. Mainly cause so many subscriber units are xts/xtl vs apx equipment.

Frank-

The controller is Phase 2 capable. Since their upgrade last year on the transmitters and increasing transmitters, Westmorelands 800 repeater hardware is now capable of Phase 2. To implement Phase 2 on the rest of ICORRS is some licensing of various components in the Motorola world.... and having subscribers that have phase 2 capability, and phase 2 implemented.

talviar

Heard another talk group today. 1802

Despite people saying it would not b simulcast. I believe it will be. My BCD436HP has not discovered on talk group despite switching positions with the sds100 which has found three talk groups so far. But time will tell

I think it is very apparent people are mixing up terminology.

Simulcast means that multiple transmitters on the same frequency are transmitting the same information at the same time. All transmitters in the Butler footprint are simulcast. Meaning when one transmitter on Freq X keys up, all the transmitters in their foot print key up.

Roaming to another coverage site is what many are referring to.. when a Talkgroup lites up on the Butler piece and on Armstrongs piece- those are 2 separate transmissions on 2 separate frequencies occurring at the same time.

Whether a talkgroup can roam to another coverage site is dependent on a few factors... the talkgroup needs to be permitted to roam to that site and the radio needs to be permitted access on that site. Thats all back ground programming and nothing a field user can do to change that.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I think it is very apparent people are mixing up terminology.

Simulcast means that multiple transmitters on the same frequency are transmitting the same information at the same time. All transmitters in the Butler footprint are simulcast. Meaning when one transmitter on Freq X keys up, all the transmitters in their foot print key up.

Not that exactly what I was talking about. In the context that your likely going to need an SDS100 or SDS200 to get a decent amount of traffic on the new butler radio system. Can not speak for others. But I was not mixing up terminology. and was in reference to this post
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/butler-county-pa-new-system.340007/#post-2708834

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Starting to hear testing traffic for Butler County. I had hits on the following talk groups over the last month. With lots of testing on TGID 1802 today between dispatch and radio team 1 and 2.
1801, 1802 , 1803, 1804, 1805, 1806, 1807, 1821 and 1851
The good news for me is my BCD436HP is at least getting some transmission while at work. Had to switch that from my SDS100, which went deaf and stop receiving all together. It on the way to Uniden for repairs.

talviar

Starting to hear testing traffic for Butler County. With lots of testing on TGID 1802 today between dispatch and radio team 1 and 2.
1801, 1802 , 1803, 1804, 1805, 1806, 1807, 1821 and 1851

If I am not mistaken- Butler county was doing their coverage testing sometime this month..... you would be hearing a lot of various comms related to that. I know when the coverage testing was done in Fayette- there were 2 teams out testing.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
If I am not mistaken- Butler county was doing their coverage testing sometime this month..... you would be hearing a lot of various comms related to that. I know when the coverage testing was done in Fayette- there were 2 teams out testing.
That about what I heard yesterday. Did not have the scanner with me today. But based on discovery it seems like it was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.