ICORRS counties fire and ems dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
What type of scanner are you using? I see Westmoreland west is showing as a simulcast system.
Westmoreland is a 2 zone simulcast. There is a east and west towers. Sometimes when i travel and im in a certain spot my scanners null out. One example is route 286 out at 380. right in that area I have to switch banks from west to east and it seems like i dont get reception til i get to bottom of hill heading toward greensburg rd.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Westmoreland is a 2 zone simulcast. There is a east and west towers. Sometimes when i travel and im in a certain spot my scanners null out. One example is route 286 out at 380. right in that area I have to switch banks from west to east and it seems like i dont get reception til i get to bottom of hill heading toward greensburg rd.
I'm using a Uniden BCD325P2. It's been a fairly new issue, probably within the last month or so

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I did here some traffic last night. On an unlisted talk group with unit ID that I had not yet ID. I try to pay closer attention next time. I do not recall the exact talk group but it was in 18XX.

So hearing more traffic today. I have heard the following units referred to 1820, 1829, and 1819. I also heard reference to lobby and rooms. According to the unit List, 1800 unit is VA police. So that may be what it is.

Next time you hear this could you take a picture to upload it in this thread.
It could be the VA or could be a mistake with "units" vs. Talk Groups. Need a picture. Is this on the PA StarNet system or the VA's system?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
It could be the VA or could be a mistake with "units" vs. Talk Groups. Need a picture. Is this on the PA StarNet system or the VA's system?
Thanks!!
Picture would not so the unit number if there no in the system. It would only show the talk group. The unit number where in audio. There was. no mistake of the unit number i heard. The question Is it realy the va. Is the unit list wiki current?

As for audio I got three clips from today on my one drive. 1810

As I get change to record more i will.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Butler VA hospital has a fire unit so it could be them?

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Possibly but the unit is 38. Not 1800. They respond to fire in butler township. Right know I say it to early to tell. It seems like they just start using the channel. I heard one or two test the day before. Today was the first real activity. Also the va has police. On the old system I heard on police channel at times. I was testing filter setting on my sds100 so that why the audio was crappy. I change after those clips but there was not more activity.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!!
Also it was ICROS butler county site only. That all I listen to on scanner. I do not have the rest of IRCO System program in my fav.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Scanner caught the following traffic yesterday on Talk Group 1810. Unit number 1809 contacting base requesting a drive licenses check. So it appears it is at least partly for police uses. It might be where it is because all the other police channels in Butler County are fully encrypted.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Seward is technically a 3rd zone for westmoreland as originally they were out on a fringe area before you had indiana county online. Not sure when up in that area if radios can hit somerset or indiana towers.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Well, it looks like they have 5 locations, all with a different set of frequencies. So would the other sites all be linked to the Seward Site, or would they all be standalone sites to provide better coverage?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
they have added freqs at seward but per the controller its a seperate site.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I was near the tower in New Kensington in the Seward license today and I did not get any data from the 4 freqs on license. I am not sure if any of the other towers on that license are on air or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.