ICORRS (Inter-County Regional Radio System

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I got a new TGID on the Westmoreland West site today, TG65518, it was fully encrypted. I didn't think there was any County in that range yet, so I am curious as to who this may be.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Could be an ISSI patch with STARNet. Did you see this recent post?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Expect to see more stuff happening between ICORRS and STARNet.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber

I wasn't sure if it was a patch with A1 Greensburg. I'll have to set 2 scanners up side-by-side to figure out who it may be.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I wasn't sure if it was a patch with A1 Greensburg. I'll have to set 2 scanners up side-by-side to figure out who it may be.
They are not permanent patches. It's a temporary patch made by the system controller. Seen 65510 tonight. Probably anything over 65500 is suspected to be in this bank of talkgroups.

"A temporary talk group on the partner system is automatically assigned and linked back to the user's home talk group on the primary system."

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Tgs in that range (65xxx) are often dynamically assigned. Our state system subscribers will roam onto a local system that has better coverage. These randomly assigned tgs only exist while that state user is affiliated with the local system, then they are torn down when the state user leaves the coverage area. The next time that state user roams onto the local system, it could be a different tgid in the 65xxx range (we tend to use 652xx.)

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
So here's a question, PennDOT D12-5 (Westmoreland County) has been fairly quiet so far even after the few snowfall events we've had. Would PennDOT trucks also affiliate with Westmoreland West, or could ot possibly be only PSP units that affiliate?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
probably only psp units. I doubt penndot would need that kind of roaming permission.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
There is either an active incident, or a training on TG996 (I'm picking it up on Westmoreland East), but it sounds like Somerset County Fire units, even though it's in Indiana's range.

bearcat

probably only psp units. I doubt penndot would need that kind of roaming permission.
How does this all work? (In simple terms) Does the ICORRs Voice Channel that gets assigned become a part of Starnet for that conversation? I would guess if an unencrypted user would affiliate then we would hear the traffic over ICORRs? That being said I have captured data regarding the 65xxx TGs and I have never seen a user other than PSP on it.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
How does this all work? (In simple terms) Does the ICORRs Voice Channel that gets assigned become a part of Starnet for that conversation? I would guess if an unencrypted user would affiliate then we would hear the traffic over ICORRs? That being said I have captured data regarding the 65xxx TGs and I have never seen a user other than PSP on it.
It's not a STARNet patch, it's an ICORRS patch.

There was a structure fire in Jerome Somerset County. The talkgroup is a patch from ICORRS to Cambria county or vice versa.
Was it an Indiana-Cambria patch that they used for this fire?

talviar

It is listed in the Icorrs wiki as a possible Cambria-Indiana interop. I have seen it used almost every time a Cambria fire co. is sent mutual aid into Somerset Co.
There is a gateway at Indiana for Interop to Cambria.... I don't remember which TG ID's are tied to the crosspatch using the gateway.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Wasn't sure where to add this, but just noticed that Somerset added Phase II emissions to their license.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Indiana County also has Phase II emissions on their licenses.