icr2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulie

Hi everybody,i got an icr2 receiver ive had it for abot 14 years,i stil find it hard to figure it out,what id like to know is when im listening to taxi frequencies on base frequency 171.800 iwould like to know the other frequency and also the offset frequency as. i can only hear one side of the conversation. thanks for any advice.

N8IAA

Hi everybody,i got an icr2 receiver ive had it for abot 14 years,i stil find it hard to figure it out,what id like to know is when im listening to taxi frequencies on base frequency 171.800 iwould like to know the other frequency and also the offset frequency as. i can only hear one side of the conversation. thanks for any advice.

The cab companies generally use two simplex to talk to each other. The dispatch on one, the cab on another. The radios can be set up as full duplex (like talking on the phone), or simplex, where the the cab calls dispatch, then dispatch calls the cab. So, unless the cab is close, you won't hear it.
HTH,
Larry

soulie

thanks .i have read in the hand book,it says that if i got the ctcss code that would work, i did try that, but didnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.