ICS/South Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelmot

Howdy from Texas.

A long time friend and I are coming out for a "bucket list" trip to the LA basin. I was born/raised in SoCal and he's Texas born and bred.

Anyways, I am in the process of loading up a few radios and notice some of the South Bay channels are also on the ICS trunked system(and encrypted). Are these patched at the moment? Are they mid-changeover or multicasting? One example is El Segundo (where I'm from) PD. In the db it shows a talkgroup on both the ICS Phase 1 system and a conventional legacy UHF channel.

And while I'm at it, do ya'll have any tips for a former Californian on how to structure my zones for LASD monitoring? I fully understand the concept of the dispatch and corresponding L-Tac's, but we will be using commercial Kenwood and Moto gear and once I depart I won't be able to change anything as I'm not bringing any programming gear with me. A few Kenwoods for FM LASD/etc and an XTS3000 for LAPD P25.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Rich

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
ICI/South Bay depend on when you’re coming here. They’re slowly coming into the testing phase and it should be up and running within the next few months.

As for LASD its pretty straight forward. Just put in the areas you need plus Aero dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.