ICT7H HT Speaker Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdancy

Years ago, I bought a new Icom ICT7H HT brand new. This has been a great radio for a number of years, and from my recent research, sounds as if this was one of the better built units that have since been discontinued. Imagine that! Onto my question. I'm trying to find a replacement speaker for the unit as I have had zero luck online. Also, when I recently took apart the radio, where the solder meets the board, there appeared to be a very thin paper like material that was under the solder, face down on the board. It had a brass like color to it. Once I can find a replacement speaker, does anyone know if this is required for normal operation? I hope I'm not being to vague here. If it comes down to it, I could possibly post pics to further explain. I'm hoping to be able to get this dual band rig up and running again; surprisingly they still sell for a decent price online. Thanks!

W2NJS

I suggest that you start by contacting Icom Parts to see if they have what you need to do the job. I've always found them to be good people to deal with.

sdancy

Ordered part today. Hoping I can solder this on w/o issues. Need to fine a good wire from speaker to board, any suggestions?

Fred1

t7h speaket

I have repaired radio years ago. I was pretty simple. That paper I don't think it is needed. Send picture.

fineshot1

sdancy;1656567Need to fine a good wire from speaker to board said:
If you have any network cables that have broken RJ-45 connectors on the end
or any network cable you don't need anymore you can use one of the 8 very
fine gauge wires from inside that, just strip off the outer jacket and expose the
8 wires and cut to your needed length. Just make sure when you solder them
to the speaker that you do it without delay as they are very tiny - the heat
buildup for too long a time will melt away the insulting jacket.

sdancy

Just to the right of "SPE" you can see where the 'paper like' piece was. Hoping to solder the 'network' (thank you fineshot1) cable right to it and be okay. As always, thanks all!!

Attachments

• IMG-20111208-00228.jpg
    IMG-20111208-00228.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 226

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
It looks like you pulled the printed circuit trace off the board. The copper colored stuff was the printed circuit trace. Now you have nothing to solder to. Uggg! You will have to try and see where the rest of the trace goes and solder your speaker wire to what is left.... if there is any.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.