Id 37968

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfolta1

I know it says sperry fire in the db but ive been hearing police traffic and railroad traffic on here tonight. could be skip? i dont know.

peterjmag

It's the crossband VHF side. Somone was jacking with the scan function and now it's all messed up. I have been told the proper people know about it and will fix it as soon they can. For the record it is Sperry-FD.

FireMedic712

The vhf radio was placed in scan by one of our firefighters that had no clue that it was rebroadcasting on our DPS TG. We have no PL or DPL on the input side of the VHF and we were picking up a police department last night from around 10p.m. until 2 a.m. I highly doubt that Regional will accept our contract for voice dispatch with this kind of interference, and I also highly doubt the town of Sperry will place and preventative measures against this kind of interference on the system. I've been told that the reason for this is an interoperability issue because all the departments around us will need to reprogram their radios, and that the town does not want to pay to reprogram our VHF radios. If I had the RSS I would do it myself.

FireMedic712

I believe 99% of the rogue traffic has been eliminated. I haven't heard much in the way of "bleedover" in the past few weeks. The BNSF was notified that they were broadcasting over our VHF freq. (153.9350) which caused them to do some investigative work. They tracked down a bad transmitter in Owasso and replaced it, which did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.