Icom: ID-5100 MONI Dialogue box randomly pops up

n4vme

My Icom 5100 monitor function randomly turns on and a dialogue box pops ups asking to turn it off.
I've changed the function Menu so that MONI is not on the screen hoping it was just a glitch with the touch screen but to no avail. I have also reset the radio hoping maybe it was a setting glitch. I still see random MONI functions turned on. Has anyone seen this or know what it could be. Its getting annoying. Can I get a replacement head for this radio. Any help or comments would be appreciated

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I searched the operator's manual for "monitor". Looks like the Monitor function can be turned on from the LCD, which you say you've disabled, or from the F2 button on the microphone.

If you still have the F2 button configured for Monitor, any chance you are inadvertently tapping that button? Maybe the button is flaky or the mic cable is shorting?

n4vme

I searched the operator's manual for "monitor". Looks like the Monitor function can be turned on from the LCD, which you say you've disabled, or from the F2 button on the microphone.

If you still have the F2 button configured for Monitor, any chance you are inadvertently tapping that button? Maybe the button is flaky or the mic cable is shorting?
Thanks, I have changed the menu so MOD doesn't appear but it still happens. I've reset the radio completely and it still happens. I can tap the head and it happens sometimes, so I believe it is some loose connetion somewhere. I will try a different cable to see if that affects it. They only thing that is weird is I've never seen this dialogue box before during normal operation even if I use the monitor function, it doesn't come on.